Adventureland Resort Review
100 family reviews
Families will love:
- One- and two-bedroom Family Suites
- Three pools with jungle-themed slides and two arcades
- Walk to Adventureland Theme and Water Parks
About Adventureland Resort
Every family vacation at some time must include a visit to a theme park, and in the Midwest Adventureland Amusement Park in Des Moines has been entertaining families since the 1970s. With many of the expected features in an amusement park -- Ferris wheel, rollercoasters, carousels and log flumes -- Adventureland meets the basic criteria for a good time. But throw in the Human Washing Machine, two 70-foot speed slides and a 200-foot shot directly into space, then you have a day of adventure for the daredevils of all ages in your family. Of course, there's plenty for little ones, with more than a dozen rides for those under 54 inches high and a zero-entry water play area in Adventure Bay.
Bernie the St. Bernard is the official mascot of Adventureland who strolls along Main Street and the other four theme areas several times throughout the day, posing for pictures and making sure all is well within his little kingdom. Blue Bunny Ice Cream, made in LeMars, Iowa, is the official ice cream of Adventureland. The entire park is non-smoking.
The people who designed Adventureland must have had kids of all ages, because instead of clustering all of the kiddie rides in one section and the wilder rides in another, they are all intermingled. Therefore, parents can do a better job of keeping track of where everyone in the family is at the same time.
Adventureland Resort Reviews
Best Family Hotels
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (8 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips All About the Extras Sail & Sign Card Carnival ships feature Sail & Sign cards, which make life so much easier. All you do is link a debit card or credit card to your Sail & Sign Card at Guest Relations or a kiosk on the ship. You'll then use your Sai...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips During the cruise, I quickly learned that cruise food is every bit as big of a deal as the cruise itself. And when it comes to dining, the Carnival Miracle does not disappoint. Bacchus Restaurant Thousands of purple, bubble-like lights embellish Bacc...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips One of four Spirit class ships, Carnival Miracle made its magical debut in 2004. While it's certainly not Carnival's grandest ship, it's definitely something of a "miracle" for families, who find an ample amount of amenities and activities on board. Amid ...
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- When it comes to Disney, they certainly know how to cater to families, and families who want to visit Disney's Orlando theme parks will find a large selection of resorts and hotels to accommodate families of all sizes. But which ones are the best? Take a look at these 10 favorites of our editors and...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...