Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Review
Off Family Hotels! Read more
Hotel Deals: Save as Much as 60% Off Family Hotels!
Search our partners for great deals and savings up to 60% off. Searching FamilyVacationCritic.com, we found the following deals as advertised by our partners:
- Priceline.com offers savings of up to 60% through their "Name Your Own Price" program. Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system is different from most other online travel sites. With Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system, the exact hotel booked is shown only after purchase. Over the last year, a substantial percentage of accepted offers have yielded savings of up to 60% in comparison to the lowest published rates for the same itinerary on other leading online travel sites. There is no guarantee that hotels, dates, or prices will be available, and savings are not guaranteed. Actual prices and availability are subject to change.
- Our partner, Hotwire offers rates of up to 60% off based on actual Hotwire Hot Rate® Hotel bookings made in the previous 12 months as compared with the lowest published rates found on leading retail travel sites. Prices are dynamic and vary based on booking date and length of stay. There is no guarantee these savings or rates will be in effect at the time of your search. Availability is limited. Hot Rate® Hotel are different from retail rates. With Hot Rate® Hotel you enter the date, location and star rating. Hotel revealed only after booking.
Those are just two examples of amazing offers from our partners. For more, visit FamilyVacationCritic.com and check out Expedia, Hotels.com, and our other partners.
Family Vacation Critic allows you to search various sites at once so you can compare the prices and options offered. Prices or promotions on Family Vacation Critic are reflective of what's offered on those sites. When you book tickets, your booking is handled by one of those sites directly, not by Family Vacation Critic. Transactions, and all subsequent customer care, are directly handled by the site where you booked your travels. Family Vacation Critic does not control the price, rules, regulations, or restrictions surrounding the price. Please read all rules and regulations before booking.
Review this Hotel
Editor’s Review of Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
Aulani means "a messenger of a chief" in Hawaiian, meaning the messenger brings news from a higher authority. As a new resort by Disney, the resort serves as Disney's messenger of the Hawaiian spirit, culture and people. Disney's Imagineers worked side by side with local artisans, designers, builders, and historians to create a one-of-a-kind resort on the Hawaiian island of Oahu -- Disney's first and only resort not connected to one of its theme parks.
Located on 21 oceanfront acres in Oahu's Ko Olina Resort and Marina, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, opened to guests in late August 2011, just 17 miles but worlds away from bustling Honolulu. Nestled against a crystal blue lagoon and white-sand beach, the family-friendly (of ... more course!) resort features water play areas and two pools; spas for 'tweens, teens and adults; a kids' club; family and kid activities and programs; Disney character experiences, and two signature restaurants.
The resort is situated around its signature seven-acre water play area called Waikolohe Valley, which mimics the local landscape with a lava-formed mountain with trails leading to the blue waters below. Sprinkled through Waikolohe Valley, as well as all around the resort, are the legendary menehune, Hawaiian "little people," which showcases the local folklore with plenty of whimsy to excite little ones.
The resort is also a Disney Vacation Club resort. Upon final completion in 2013, the resort's twin towers will feature 359 guest rooms, including 16 suites, and 481 two-bedroom villas.
For an inside look at the resort, visit our special video blog and get a glimpse at the rooms, restaurants, kids' programs, entertainment, and more! less
- Aunty's Beach House kids' club
- Teen and 'tween spa and programs
- Private snorkeling lagoon
- Water Sports
- Water Parks
- Children's Program
- Connecting Rooms
- DVD Player
- Family Room 5+
- Kids' Pool
- Laundry Service
- Onsite Dining
Aulani's Na Pua Place kid's lounge, just in view of the check-in desk, can keep kids' entertained during the registration ... Get more Planning and Tips
Rooms & RatesAs a TripAdvisor company, we searched 200+ sites to find the best hotel prices.
Results For: (clear all filters)
Standard rooms, at 382 square feet, are the most basic and lowest in price. The rooms sleep up to 4 in two queen beds or with one king bed with a queen-sized sleeper sofa.
Parlor Suites accommodate up to five in a room that is 764 square feet. The rooms feature a separate bedroom and parlor with a king-bed in the master bedroom, one queen-sized sleeper sofa, and one pull-down bunk in the parlor. The suites also provide an additional half bath.
The Lei Hulu Suite also sleeps up to five ... more but is 1,528 square feet and features two full bathrooms. One king bed in the master bedroom, a queen-size bed in the parlor, and a sleeper chair in the parlor accommodate guests. The Ahu Ula Suite sleeps up to six in two bedrooms and 1,910 square feet. One king is available in the master bedroom, and one queen bed and queen-size sleep sofa is found in the second bedroom. The suite includes three full bathrooms. Both suites also feature whirlpool tubs, a steam shower, a full and mini refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and cordless phones.
All rooms and suites feature flat-screen TVs, DVD players, a private deck or porch, Pack 'N Plays with bedding, mini refrigerator, coffeemaker, in-room safe, and a deep-soak tub.
Two-bedroom vacation club villas feature kitchenettes and a washer and dryer. Non-members can reserved these 60 days or less before arrival and are based on availability. The villas are 356 square feet and sleep up to four with a queen-sized bed and one queen-sized sleeper sofa. less