Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Review
1329 family reviews
Families will love:
- Aunty's Beach House kids' club
- Teen and 'tween spa and programs
- Private snorkeling lagoon
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
Aulani means "a messenger of a chief" in Hawaiian, meaning the messenger brings news from a higher authority. As a new resort by Disney, the resort serves as Disney's messenger of the Hawaiian spirit, culture and people. Disney's Imagineers worked side by side with local artisans, designers, builders, and historians to create a one-of-a-kind resort on the Hawaiian island of Oahu -- Disney's first and only resort not connected to one of its theme parks.
Located on 21 oceanfront acres in Oahu's Ko Olina Resort and Marina, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, opened to guests in late August 2011, just 17 miles but worlds away from bustling Honolulu. Nestled against a crystal blue lagoon and white-sand beach, the family-friendly (of course!) resort features water play areas and two pools; spas for 'tweens, teens and adults; a kids' club; family and kid activities and programs; Disney character experiences, and two signature restaurants.
The resort is situated around its signature seven-acre water play area called Waikolohe Valley, which mimics the local landscape with a lava-formed mountain with trails leading to the blue waters below. Sprinkled through Waikolohe Valley, as well as all around the resort, are the legendary menehune, Hawaiian "little people," which showcases the local folklore with plenty of whimsy to excite little ones.
The resort is also a Disney Vacation Club resort. Upon final completion in 2013, the resort's twin towers will feature 359 guest rooms, including 16 suites, and 481 two-bedroom villas.
For an inside look at the resort, visit our special video blog and get a glimpse at the rooms, restaurants, kids' programs, entertainment, and more!
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...