During the entire month of October this year, kids are free in San Diego. Yes, free. Kids can stay, play, eat, ride, go, and more for free at more than 100 hotels, attractions and restaurants in the San Diego area between October 1 and 31, 2014. Want to know where to go and what to do? Here’s a list of our favorite family hotels, attractions and restaurants that are participating in the month-long event.
Kids Travel Free
Looking for a fun way to get to San Diego to take advantage of these great deals during the month of October? Kids 12 and under will ride the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner for free between October 1 and 31, 2014, with the purchase of at least one adult ticket.
Kids Eat, Stay or Play Free
Kids 12 and under will eat select meals for free when staying at one of these family-friendly hotels in San Diego. Plus, they may even receive free bicycle rentals, welcome amenities and more!
- Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa
- DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego Mission Valley
- Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar
- Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
- Hotel del Coronado
- Bahia Resort Hotel
- Bay Club & Marina
- Embassy Suites San Diego – La Jolla
- Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel
- Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort & Spa
- Westin Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego
- Embassy Suites San Diego – Downtown
- Hyatt Regency Mission Bay
- La Valencia Hotel
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- The Dana on Mission Bay
For more family-friendly properties, see all of our San Diego hotels.
Free Admission for Kids
More than 35 museums and 20 attractions are offering free admission for kids ages 12 and under during the month of October. Here are a few of our favorites:
- USS Midway Museum
- Museum of Making Music
- San Diego Botanic Garden
- Stephen Birch Aquarium-Museum
- California Surf Museum
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- Belmont Park
- LEGOLAND California
- SEA LIFE Aquarium
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park
For more kid-friendly activities, see all of our San Diego attractions.
Kids Eat Free
Currently nine restaurants in the San Diego are offering free meals for kids 12 and under. Here’s the list of participating eateries:
- Casa Guadalajara
- Cosmopolitan Restaurant
- Croce’s Park West
- Barra Barra at Fiesta de Reyes
- Chi Chocolat Liberty Station
- Rei do Gado Brazilian Steak House
- Vigilucci’s Coronado
- Wave House San Diego
For more family-friendly eateries, see all of our San Diego restaurants.
Rules and restrictions may apply. Deals vary based on availability. For more information, visit the San Diego website.
– Hilarey Wojtowicz