Chula Vista Resort Review
862 family reviews
Families will love:
- Indoor water park with water coaster
- Outdoor wave pool nestled along the riverfront
- Outdoor water park and one of the country's largest cyclone slides
About Chula Vista Resort
In the nation's epicenter for groundbreaking water park resorts, Wisconsin Dell's Chula Vista Resort stands out nicely with a rare location along the nicely wooded Wisconsin River. It feels tucked-away from the hubbub of downtown, the Interstate or Dells Parkway with its blazing neon and over-the-top attractions.
Chula Vista guests can sit out balconies overlooking the waterway that carved the famous Dells, float the day away in an outdoor wave pool nestled beneath Norway pines or soak in romantic whirlpool outside the spa. Kids can ride the world's largest indoor water coaster, then plunge down one of the tallest cyclone slides.
Another caveat is being able to leave the car in the parking lot. You can hop a boat tour from Chula Vista's docks or grab water shuttles to downtown for more dining and shopping.
When night rolls around, it's a peaceful time to stroll the resort's River Walk, go out to eat and settle into the jungle-themed theater for Jeremy Allen's Grand Illusions show with magic, comedy and white tigers.
Chula Vista's South American influences inspired its water park's jungle theme and the warm colors shades of red and gold in guest rooms. They seem most fitting in the fall when those same colors can be seen in the trees along the riverbanks.
Chula Vista has been around for at least 60 years, but it has kept up with the area's largest resorts by investing more than $200 million into expanding accommodations, building the water park, adding restaurants and revamping its 18-hole golf course since 2006. It also added a large sports complex, which brings teams from across the country here.
Chula Vista Resort Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...