Off Family Hotels! Read more
Hotel Deals: Save as Much as 60% Off Family Hotels!
Search our partners for great deals and savings up to 60% off. Searching FamilyVacationCritic.com, we found the following deals as advertised by our partners:
- Priceline.com offers savings of up to 60% through their "Name Your Own Price" program. Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system is different from most other online travel sites. With Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system, the exact hotel booked is shown only after purchase. Over the last year, a substantial percentage of accepted offers have yielded savings of up to 60% in comparison to the lowest published rates for the same itinerary on other leading online travel sites. There is no guarantee that hotels, dates, or prices will be available, and savings are not guaranteed. Actual prices and availability are subject to change.
- Our partner, Hotwire offers rates of up to 60% off based on actual Hotwire Hot Rate® Hotel bookings made in the previous 12 months as compared with the lowest published rates found on leading retail travel sites. Prices are dynamic and vary based on booking date and length of stay. There is no guarantee these savings or rates will be in effect at the time of your search. Availability is limited. Hot Rate® Hotel are different from retail rates. With Hot Rate® Hotel you enter the date, location and star rating. Hotel revealed only after booking.
Those are just two examples of amazing offers from our partners. For more, visit FamilyVacationCritic.com and check out Expedia, Hotels.com, and our other partners.
Family Vacation Critic allows you to search various sites at once so you can compare the prices and options offered. Prices or promotions on Family Vacation Critic are reflective of what's offered on those sites. When you book tickets, your booking is handled by one of those sites directly, not by Family Vacation Critic. Transactions, and all subsequent customer care, are directly handled by the site where you booked your travels. Family Vacation Critic does not control the price, rules, regulations, or restrictions surrounding the price. Please read all rules and regulations before booking.
Review this Hotel
Editor’s Review of The Cloister Sea Island
What originally opened as a "friendly little inn" made to look like a Mediterranean-style getaway amidst the palm trees of the Georgia coast in 1928 evolved in 2006 into a five-star, family-dedicated resort. The result of its renovation and expansion? A place on Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List of "World's Best Places to Stay" in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.
Just before it's renovation, Sea Island appeared on the global map when President George W. Bush hosted the 30th annual G8 Summit on the island in 2004. Today, the 175-rooms and suites, some of which are in villas, as well as the resort's handling of the island's private rental homes, create a home-away-from-home environment for families visiting to enjoy the ... more resort's five miles of beaches, and more than 80 years of traditions. Sea Island is the kind of place where adults have visited since they were children and now watch their children make lifelong friends and return annually to see those families they've met in previous years. Just ask the longtime resort staff and they'll tell stories of weddings taking place 20 years after men and women had met as children on the island, as well as 50-year wedding anniversaries. It's a resort where time stands still and families enjoy lazy days together.
As an expansive resort, the setting is quiet... that is until families hit the Beach Club. Here, there is action, children laughing and music everywhere. Nestled amongst the palm trees and along the beach dunes, the Beach Club features three pools, playgrounds, a game room, bicycle rentals, a candy shop, an ice cream parlor, a casual indoor/outdoor restaurant, a 100-seat movie theater, and the children's clubs for kids 3 to 12.
As a five-star resort, every space screams luxury, yet also is inviting and comfortable. One-hundred-year-old oak trees, draped in hanging moss, provide shady retreats and add to the romantic ambience of Sea Island, truly a gem in Georgia's Golden Isles. less
- Kids programs, kids programs and more kids programs
- Rooms sleeping up to six, as well as vacation home rentals up to eight bedrooms
- Ability to confirm adjoining rooms
- DVD Player
- Family Room 5+
- Laundry Service
Does the Cloister have extras? It seems all the resort offers are extras! Upon arrival, children receive plush sea turtles and ... Get more Planning and Tips
Rooms & RatesAs a TripAdvisor company, we searched 200+ sites to find the best hotel prices.
Results For: (clear all filters)
As a five-star resort, expect luxury to abound in every room in the resort. Rooms are decorated in rich woods, four-poster beds, Turkish rugs, plush couches and chairs and are meant to have an English manor-style feel. Stone bathrooms with separate tubs and showers, double -- even triple -- vanities, exposed beams ceilings and hardwood ... more floors.
The resort's smallest rooms, at 700 square feet, are still enormous. The king bedrooms, however, are not equipped with sofa beds and can only accommodate a crib for smaller families. Rooms with two queens and suites with two queens and sofa beds are most popular with families, sleeping four to six people. While rooms do not connect, two adjoining rooms may share a common entrance, for families wanting to expand into two rooms. The hotel will confirm adjoining rooms, as well as reserve favorite room locations for returning families.
Ocean Villas, which debuted in 2009, offer one- to three-bedroom/bathroom villas with kitchens -- a great option for families, with guaranteed ocean views.
The property's Lodge at Sea Island Golf Club is a 40-room hotel situated along the resort's two championship golf courses. The properties share all Sea Island amenities, but rooms in the lodge are better suited for adults. less