The Cloister Sea Island Review
149 family reviews
Families will love:
- Kids programs, kids programs and more kids programs
- Rooms sleeping up to six, as well as vacation home rentals up to eight bedrooms
- Ability to confirm adjoining rooms
About The Cloister Sea Island
What originally opened as a "friendly little inn" made to look like a Mediterranean-style getaway amidst the palm trees of the Georgia coast in 1928 evolved in 2006 into a five-star, family-dedicated resort. The result of its renovation and expansion? A place on Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List of "World's Best Places to Stay" in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.
Just before it's renovation, Sea Island appeared on the global map when President George W. Bush hosted the 30th annual G8 Summit on the island in 2004. Today, the 175-rooms and suites, some of which are in villas, as well as the resort's handling of the island's private rental homes, create a home-away-from-home environment for families visiting to enjoy the resort's five miles of beaches, and more than 80 years of traditions. Sea Island is the kind of place where adults have visited since they were children and now watch their children make lifelong friends and return annually to see those families they've met in previous years. Just ask the longtime resort staff and they'll tell stories of weddings taking place 20 years after men and women had met as children on the island, as well as 50-year wedding anniversaries. It's a resort where time stands still and families enjoy lazy days together.
As an expansive resort, the setting is quiet... that is until families hit the Beach Club. Here, there is action, children laughing and music everywhere. Nestled amongst the palm trees and along the beach dunes, the Beach Club features three pools, playgrounds, a game room, bicycle rentals, a candy shop, an ice cream parlor, a casual indoor/outdoor restaurant, a 100-seat movie theater, and the children's clubs for kids 3 to 12.
As a five-star resort, every space screams luxury, yet also is inviting and comfortable. One-hundred-year-old oak trees, draped in hanging moss, provide shady retreats and add to the romantic ambience of Sea Island, truly a gem in Georgia's Golden Isles.
The Cloister Sea Island Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...