Off Family Hotels! Read more
Hotel Deals: Save as Much as 60% Off Family Hotels!
Search our partners for great deals and savings up to 60% off. Searching FamilyVacationCritic.com, we found the following deals as advertised by our partners:
- Priceline.com offers savings of up to 60% through their "Name Your Own Price" program. Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system is different from most other online travel sites. With Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" reservation system, the exact hotel booked is shown only after purchase. Over the last year, a substantial percentage of accepted offers have yielded savings of up to 60% in comparison to the lowest published rates for the same itinerary on other leading online travel sites. There is no guarantee that hotels, dates, or prices will be available, and savings are not guaranteed. Actual prices and availability are subject to change.
- Our partner, Hotwire offers rates of up to 60% off based on actual Hotwire Hot Rate® Hotel bookings made in the previous 12 months as compared with the lowest published rates found on leading retail travel sites. Prices are dynamic and vary based on booking date and length of stay. There is no guarantee these savings or rates will be in effect at the time of your search. Availability is limited. Hot Rate® Hotel are different from retail rates. With Hot Rate® Hotel you enter the date, location and star rating. Hotel revealed only after booking.
Those are just two examples of amazing offers from our partners. For more, visit FamilyVacationCritic.com and check out Expedia, Hotels.com, and our other partners.
Family Vacation Critic allows you to search various sites at once so you can compare the prices and options offered. Prices or promotions on Family Vacation Critic are reflective of what's offered on those sites. When you book tickets, your booking is handled by one of those sites directly, not by Family Vacation Critic. Transactions, and all subsequent customer care, are directly handled by the site where you booked your travels. Family Vacation Critic does not control the price, rules, regulations, or restrictions surrounding the price. Please read all rules and regulations before booking.
Review this Hotel
Editor’s Review of Dan'l Webster Inn
The first part of Cape Cod -- confusingly called the "Upper Cape" by locals -- is completely different from the rest of the area. Even though it's the easiest part of the Cape to get to from Boston and New York, it tends to be passed over by eager vacationers speeding towards the honytonk of Hyannis or the beaches of the outer seashore. Because of that, it retains a small-town village-y feel, especially in the quaint historical centers of Sandwich and Falmouth, giving it the feel of a 1950's -- if not 1850's -- summer vacation. In keeping with this atmosphere, there are few big resorts in the area, where lodging tends to be in the form of historic inns and tidy beachside B&B's. The trick can be finding one that offers that small-town cozy
feel at the same time accommodates children without fuss.
The Dan'l Webster Inn may just be the holy grail in historic but family-friendly vacation spots. Situated just a short walk from Sandwich's achingly quaint town common, it's got historic cred coming out of the eaves. Its origins as an inn date back before the American Revolution, when it was converted into a headquarters of the patriots during the war. Later in the mid-1800's, the inn became a favorite of US Senator Daniel Webster, from whom it currently gets its name. As you might imagine from the precious spelling of the inn's name, the property has gone to great strides to retain an historic feel -- and out-of-towners looking for a little slice of Ye Olde New England won't be disappointed with the creaky floorboards in the lobby and exposed beams in the tavern.
The atmosphere here, however, is anything but stuffy. Within the last decade, the property was acquired by the Catania family, which also owns and operates the over-the-top family resorts The Cape Codder in Hyannis and The John Carver Inn in Plymouth. They've extended the same warm, family-friendly vibe to this property -- staff goes out of its way to address kids and make them (and their parents) feel welcome, and even the formal dining room has a convivial atmosphere that makes it a local favorite for multi-age gatherings that pull in everyone from grandma to the newborn. You won't find a bevy of children's activities here at the inn -- there's no formal kids club or activity schedule -- but if you are looking for a vacation on the quieter side of the Cape, this inn offers a pleasant and atmospheric home base from which to explore the surrounding area. less
- The homey feel of a classic New England inn
- A staff that is great in dealing with kids
- Proximity to the historic and cultural attractions of the Upper Cape
- DVD Player
- Family Room 5+
The resort's Beach Plum Spa offers a bit of everything, with local beach plum berries worked into many of the products used in ... Get more Planning and Tips
Rooms & RatesAs a TripAdvisor company, we searched 200+ sites to find the best hotel prices.
Results For: (clear all filters)
The inn also has several suites with more living space. Located in each of the three buildings, they feature a combination of queen- and king-sized canopy beds, whirlpool tubs, balconies, and fireplaces with "fuel cells" -- that is, cans of ... more paraffin that can be lit to provide some ambience (after the kids go to bed!)
All rooms include air conditioning, cable TV, coffee makers, and free wi-fi Internet. Suites feature additional amenities, including refrigerator, DVD players, a choice of pillows -- goosedown, synthetic down, or "memory foam," high thread count sheets, micro-fiber robes, and Spa Therapy toiletries. Cribs are available at no extra charge and cots are available for a nightly fee. One of the suites and two of the double rooms also have a pull-out couch. less