Disney's Art of Animation Resort Review
2282 family reviews
Families will love:
- Value-priced suites
- Big Blue Pool -- Disney's largest resort pool
- Themed accommodations including
About Disney's Art of Animation Resort
The newest -- and arguably most colorful -- hotel to debut at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney's Art of Animation Resort brightens the Hollywood Studios and Epcot neighborhood scenes with bright, bold and endearing images, along with a spectacular main pool, innovative dining options and space-stretching family suites.
Opened in 2012, the 864-room, 1,120-suite Disney value-category resort spans 87 acres and features both wet and dry playgrounds, a fun-filled animation-themed arcade, convenient access to ESPN Wide World of Sports and a bridge to the similarly sprawling Pop Century Resort nearby. Situated on Hourglass Lake, the resort occupies land originally intended to be the "Later Years" phase of Disney's Pop Century Resort, a pop-culture-themed, value-priced property that debuted in 2003.
At the "Finding Nemo"-themed Big Blue Pool -- the largest water playground on Disney resort property -- kids can make waves with Mr. Ray and pose and play with a host of similarly massive soft sculpture characters. At the Schoolyard Sprayground nearby, little ones can splash safely along with Nemo and friends, and at the adjacent Righteous Reef dry playground, they can slide, climb and crawl through tunnels while supervised by the loveable toddler turtle, Squirt.
After a busy day at the parks, families can dive in to a daily dance party extravaganza, watch a Disney movie on an inflatable screen and play fun-filled games, ranging from Splashin' Sebastian to Beach Ball Blast. When thirst and hunger call, guests can order up a Frozen Orange Burst and from the Drop Off Pool Bar, or arrange for delivery of an in-room feast of pizza, pasta, grilled fish or stir-fry. At The Landscape of Flavors Food Court, five stations serve up a variety of innovative fare, from Tandoori Shrimp to Create Your Own Pasta, and a fresh beverage bar features made-to-order lemonade, limeade, fruit smoothies and specialty tea and coffee drinks.
Disney's Art of Animation Resort Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...