Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Review
997 family reviews
Families will love:
- Take a boat or the monorail directly to Magic Kingdom.
- Alice in Wonderland Tea Party and Mouseketeer Club
- Serenity: Relax on porches overlooking the pool
About Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
The 867-room Grand Floridian Resort opened July 1, 1988 and has been Disney World's premiere property ever since. The hotel is stunning with its red gable roofs, crisp white clapboard siding, Victorian balustrades, and immaculate gardens filled with canary palms and southern magnolias - all inspired by the fabled Florida beach resorts of the 19th century.
It is easy to imagine Audrey Hepburn meandering through the resort's five-story creamy-white atrium of a lobby - cup of coffee in gloved-hand - and saying: "nothing bad could ever happen here," just as she did in Breakfast at Tiffany's. The enormous lobby, with its stained-glass domes in the ceiling, grand staircase, antique birdcages, and numerous comfortable seating areas manages to be serene and elegant without being stuffy.
Children sit on a miniature sofa and watch classic Chip 'n' Dale cartoons, ladies sip iced-tea near the pianist, and in the evening people gather with drinks to listen to the resort's Grand Floridian Society Orchestra play tunes you could dance to with your children. It is one of those rare places that makes you want to sit and stay a while.
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Reviews
Best Magic Kingdom Family Hotels
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (8 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips All About the Extras Sail & Sign Card Carnival ships feature Sail & Sign cards, which make life so much easier. All you do is link a debit card or credit card to your Sail & Sign Card at Guest Relations or a kiosk on the ship. You'll then use your Sai...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips During the cruise, I quickly learned that cruise food is every bit as big of a deal as the cruise itself. And when it comes to dining, the Carnival Miracle does not disappoint. Bacchus Restaurant Thousands of purple, bubble-like lights embellish Bacc...
- OverviewCabinsDiningActivitiesTravel Tips One of four Spirit class ships, Carnival Miracle made its magical debut in 2004. While it's certainly not Carnival's grandest ship, it's definitely something of a "miracle" for families, who find an ample amount of amenities and activities on board. Amid ...
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- When it comes to Disney, they certainly know how to cater to families, and families who want to visit Disney's Orlando theme parks will find a large selection of resorts and hotels to accommodate families of all sizes. But which ones are the best? Take a look at these 10 favorites of our editors and...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...