Disney's Old Key West Resort Review
986 family reviews
Families will love:
- Boat ride to Downtown Disney
- Huge pool complex with kiddie pool and slides
- Two onsite arcades
About Disney's Old Key West Resort
When the setting sun sinks into shimmering waters of the Trumbo Canal, Disney's Old Key West Resort transports visitors to a South Florida sunset celebration. The vista shows a parade of pleasure boats, palm trees and a bustling street scene as its backdrop, complete with hurricane drinks, lighthouse views and steel drum music.
Encompassing 156 acres in the Downtown Disney neighborhood, the 549-unit resort overlooks Lake Buena Vista Golf Course. The hotel debuted in 1991 and is among the oldest, most spacious and most affordable Walt Disney World Deluxe Villa properties.
By day, visitors can rent bikes or boats and enjoy a scenic ride to Downtown Disney along the Trumbo Canal and the Sassagoula River. When the mercury rises, kids can splash and swim in one of four resort pools, including a fun-filled feature pool with a sandcastle-themed slide.
When evening comes, extended families can convene on expansive porches for snacks and sunset-viewing, or meet on the "Turtle Krawl" (the resort promenade) for cocktails and conch chowder. Those with more time on their hands can board a boat to Downtown Disney for a full night of shopping, dining and merry-making.
Villa accommodations range from Deluxe Studios, which sleep four guests, and a child under 3 in a crib, to three-bedroom Grande Villas which sleep up to 12 people. One- and two-bedroom villas accommodate five and nine family members, respectively. One-bedroom and larger accommodations feature full kitchens, separate laundry rooms and expansive living rooms. Porches with extra elbow room are a space-stretching bonus for extended families.
While many families favor the resort for its "getaway" atmosphere, the downside of its remote location is ease of transportation throughout Disney World. If you're typically in a hurry, it's best to have a car.
Disney's Old Key West Resort Reviews
All rights reserved. This file may be downloaded for personal
use only. Other copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
FREE Family Travel Newsletter
Family Travel Tips (4 New)
– Family Planning and Tips
- So many hotels and resorts to choose from! Which ones really are the best for families in terms of theme-park access, amenities, and accommodations? Here are our favorites in the Orlando area! 1. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creak Maybe it is the Hilton's water park with two zero-entry pools, a 3-acre ...
- Deciding where to go for your next family vacation? Often it's the most popular destinations -- from mega theme parks to world-famous beach towns -- that come to mind first. It's tempting to pick a familiar place and just go with what you know, but do this and you could be missing out on some fantas...
- Join us onboard Disney Wonder's first exploration into Alaskan waters and ports as Family Vacation Critic Editor Lissa Poirot and her two tots take you on a tour. Be the first to see a sample of Disney's Alaskan Port Adventures, as well as glimpse the Disney Wonder's onboard fun, in our first-ever d...
- Away from the hectic pace of our everyday lives, any vacation is a chance for families to reconnect. There's no soccer game, no piano recital, no working late, so finally you have that precious day together. Yet, if you really want a meaningful break from your usual schedule, one that might change t...