Family Vacation Critic Forums

Family Vacation Critic Forums (http://www.familyvacationcritic.com/forums/index.php)
-   All Inclusive Family Resorts (http://www.familyvacationcritic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Club Med - Cancun (http://www.familyvacationcritic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=860)

LisaB Canada 09-14-2010 08:54 PM

Club Med - Cancun
 
Hi everyone, I'm new here and loving reading all the great information. I just booked my family of 4 (kids are 8 and 6) at Club Med in Cancun for our March break week. I've read great reviews on this resort and heard excellent things about Club Med for families in general. Just wondering if anyone here has ever stayed at this resort?

We did consider doing a cruise but thought an AI would be better for the kids at this age, plus this place seems to be a place where us adults can have a true break.

I'm actually heading on a Western Carribean cruise in November with 11 girlfriends for my 40th birthday!! :p That's the REAL vacation.:D

Lisa

TravelMom401 09-19-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaB Canada (Post 5194)
Hi everyone, I'm new here and loving reading all the great information. I just booked my family of 4 (kids are 8 and 6) at Club Med in Cancun for our March break week. I've read great reviews on this resort and heard excellent things about Club Med for families in general. Just wondering if anyone here has ever stayed at this resort?

We did consider doing a cruise but thought an AI would be better for the kids at this age, plus this place seems to be a place where us adults can have a true break.

I'm actually heading on a Western Caribbean cruise in November with 11 girlfriends for my 40th birthday!! :p That's the REAL vacation.:D

Lisa

I haven't stayed at Club Med in Cancun but have been to Mexico/the Caribbean several times and I find that kids are catered too. The people in Mexico are all about the family, and love kids. I think you made a perfect choice of places to stay from the reviews that I have read and I also did find a little extra information that might help you out.

Club Med Cancun Yucatan for Families •Baby Welcome program: parents traveling with infants are provided with amenities in their room, such as crib, stroller, infant bath tub, and bottle warmer. Around the resort: restaurants have high-chairs; families with babies can visit the shallow pool in the Kids Club area. Babysitters are available for a charge.
•Mini-Club Med for ages 4 to 10, in different age groups. Kids do activities around the resort, or play games or do crafts; with laudable absence of tv/video/computer screens.
•Mini-Club Show-- see above. A highlight!
•Passworld: kids age 11 to 13, and 14 to 17, have their own cool hangout and GO's, and special activities such as sound mixing classes, video-editing for music videos, jewelry-making; hip-hop dance, preparing for the theater.* Passworld theme at Club Med Cancun Yucatan is Car Wash. (See photos.)
•teens will also like the outdoor movies, projected on a large white wall: grab some headphones, and settle in on a lounge-chair by the pool.


PS... The 40th birthday trip sounds like it's going to be one Heck of a good time. Enjoy!!

LisaB Canada 09-19-2010 09:00 PM

Thanks Mom401! I have to admit I'm REALLY looking forward to the girls-only cruise in 7 weeks. That is going to be an amazing time because it's all about me and I'm not looking after anyone...:D

I'm really also looking forward to the family vacation too since we've not taken the kids south - been a few times AI with DH alone but definitely ready to take the kids. I think they'll have a blast. Only 4 months from the day I return from the cruise. I LOVE to vacation... can you tell? I should have been a travel agent I think.:p

TravelMom401 09-23-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaB Canada (Post 5209)
Thanks Mom401! I have to admit I'm REALLY looking forward to the girls-only cruise in 7 weeks. That is going to be an amazing time because it's all about me and I'm not looking after anyone...:D

I'm really also looking forward to the family vacation too since we've not taken the kids south - been a few times AI with DH alone but definitely ready to take the kids. I think they'll have a blast. Only 4 months from the day I return from the cruise. I LOVE to vacation... can you tell? I should have been a travel agent I think.:p

Sounds like you are going to have two great trip planned. and Yes you should have been a travel agent. :D

VacationAlways 09-28-2010 04:02 PM

I remember visiting Cancun during Spring Break many moons ago -- when I was single, had no kids and I ran a muck! If it's anything like I remember it, it's positively gorgeous and the people there are so hospitable. Now, if I recall anything from that time in my life, it's that Cancun can get pretty crazy around the 2 month span of Spring Break (anywhere from March to the end of May depending on what school you go to). If you have small children, I would recommend visiting around a different time. Of course, as I mentioned, things may be a little different.

I've never been to their Club Med and I've heard that it's VERY kid friendly. Heck, it may even be my next destination in the coming months. ;)

LisaB Canada 09-28-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VacationAlways (Post 5270)
I remember visiting Cancun during Spring Break many moons ago -- when I was single, had no kids and I ran a muck! If it's anything like I remember it, it's positively gorgeous and the people there are so hospitable. Now, if I recall anything from that time in my life, it's that Cancun can get pretty crazy around the 2 month span of Spring Break (anywhere from March to the end of May depending on what school you go to). If you have small children, I would recommend visiting around a different time. Of course, as I mentioned, things may be a little different.

I've never been to their Club Med and I've heard that it's VERY kid friendly. Heck, it may even be my next destination in the coming months. ;)

Hi Vicky, yes I've always thought of Cancun as a party place where young people go for a cheap, fun and crazy vacation. I've avoided it for that reason. However, Club Med for Families is just that, and I would thing the young partiers would stay away from a resort called that. Plus it's VERY expensive, much more than your typical resort, so I think we're quite safe. I think the place will be over run with kids, but with our 2, that's what we're looking for. It should be a super fun time. I get the feeling we won't have to leave the resort. They have snorkelling and all kinds of water sports right there on the 3 beaches so that will save us some excursion money.:D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.


© 2009 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved. All of the material contained on Family Vacation Critic is protected under copyright. You may, however, download a single copy for your personal use.