Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Family Vacation Planning, Tips & Ideas

Forgot Your Password?

Family Vacation Planning, Tips & Ideas Find, or share, unique tips and ideas to help with your family vacation. Tips exclusively for families, from families.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Default Magical Express

One of the perks of staying at a Disney World resort its that they pick up your luggage for you at the airport and you get to be transported free of charge to your Disney resort Hotel on a Magical Express bus. They also bring you back to the airport. My family loves this perk, we hate waiting around for our luggage and then trying to find transport. It is clearly marked at the airport for us, we check in and get on the bus. Baggage arrives at your room shortly after your arrival (in most cases). Now it Disney could just have their own airline, now that would be fun!

Old 02-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Family Trekker

Great idea re: Disney airline. I wouldn't be surprised if one day there were "tink" planes flying the sky!

LilMama

Old 03-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Family Adventurer

Wouldn't that be wonderful! I wonder if they would offer a "plan" like they do w/ tix and dining!

Old 03-09-2011, 11:35 AM

They could play Disney movies, have Disney interior, maybe make it more like an extended part of your vacation, than the boring flight to and from your destination.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:45 PM

It would be even better if they could sprinkle it with fairy dust and get you there super fast!

Old 03-10-2011, 04:48 AM
Host & Charter Member

Well, just about everyone I know calls the Orlando airport, Disney World Airport! Instead of the airport code MCO that goes on your luggage tag, it should simply say WDW. But maybe the other theme parks would have a hissy fit. Still, WDW was there first, as far as I can recall!!

I think the airline idea is great, but I know too many people in the industry and about the industry and I know WDW would already have done it if it wouldn't mean throwing good money at bad. No money in the airline business.
However if they chartered planes, then they could go to town and do all the things y'all mentioned and even have the flight attendants dress as characters! Not so much the pilots cause I can't envision the possibility of Goofy flying the plane with Sleepy next to him!!

And Tink planes? I know someone highly placed on this website who would probably love nothing more to fly on a Tinkerbell airplane & would expect fairy dust flowing throughout the flight. She should get the Tink treatment!! And she knows who she is!

They knew the Cruise thing would work, smart to avoid the air! We would not want to see bad things about them on our Airline Service Stories board at IndependentTraveler.com.......don't want my Disney bubble burst! I've forever have Grand Floridian on the brain with the multi-day-park pass. And getting to Main Street early enough at curbside for the parade at night is crucial!!

Oh gosh, now I wanna go NOW!