Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Southeast US

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Southeast US Southeast US family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in the Southeast. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Southeast Family Travel Deals
Southeast Family Hotels and Resorts

Old 07-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Charter Member

Default vacation with camps for kids (2 & 4 y/o) - Please HELP

Hi -
We were hoping to go to Tyler Place in VT but they are booked in August, when we are looking to be away. We are looking for something similar, in that we want have childcare (that is great), that accommodates our youngest (2.5 year old and yet, is a great place to stay.

We'd prefer not to have to fly anywhere (we're in NYC) but will if we get some great reccos somewhere accessible.

Everyone who has ever been to Tyler Place loves it - it sounds perfect (everything we are looking for) can it be the only place of its kind?

If anyone has been to anywhere that they have gone recently with their small children and have enjoyed it, I'd love to hear about it!

Thank you so much!
NYC Mama of Two -itching for a vacation!!

Old 08-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Family Adventurer
Charter Member

This is probably too late to be helpful, but have you looked into Smugglers Notch, also in Vermont? I haven't been to either place, but did research into both some time ago and they struck me as somewhat similar, and I read great reviews on both.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Charter Member

Default Smugglers

I have and heard overall pretty good reviews (tho not like Tyler where they have been all good and we know a few families who have been and loved it) but Smugglers is also a fortune for anything 'recommended'/told to be half way decent in terms of lodging - for that time period. But thank you so much - we ended up renting a house on the river in Bucks county. We'll do the child-care thing another time... Thanks again, Noa