Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Family Friendly Resorts & Hotels > All Inclusive Family Resorts

Forgot Your Password?

All Inclusive Family Resorts Find the perfect all inclusive resort and destination for your family.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Family Adventurer

Default Barcelo Maya Palace or other favorites?

Greetings! Just starting the preliminary research for a potential 2010 vacation to family all inclusive in Cancun. We have never been to the Cancun area before (tried this year but switched to the Dominican Republic due to the flu issue) and there are SO many resorts in Cancun, Riveria Maya, etc.

One resort that I have come across on Trip Advisor which seems to have good family reviews is the Barcelo Maya Palace. Wondering if there are any opinions out there on how this resort would be for a family vacation (2 boys ages 7 &10) Also, any other recommendations on favorite Cancun area family all inclusives. Not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but rather good quality (accomendations, kids club and activities, food, beach, etc) We would prefer to be south of Cancun, possibly in the Riveria Maya, Playa areas.

Our only family AI so far has been Beaches in Turks and Caicos, and we all loved it!

Thanks!!

Old 07-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Charter Member

Hi we have stayed at this resort. Lovely location with beautiful grounds. The property itself was clean and the food was good. We felt good value for the money. Only negative it is a ways from the airport and for us after a long flight another long bus ride. Enjoy your trip.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Charter Member

Default are you still looking re:barcelo?

I just found this web site. i love cruise critic, so I hope this site is as successful. Re: barcelo..we were there this past summer. The kids pool was nice and my kids, 13 and 15 liked the larger pools. The ocean was great. I can't say how the kids clubs were because we didn't use them. The food was very good, both the restaurants and the buffets, even for the pickiest eateres. (except the Brazialian steakhouse). for alot of other info on this hotel look for the unofficial barcelo website. we did some activites off site.
I loved this area. take a private taxi from the airport to the resort, it went by very quickly and we had no stops for othere people. Cancun valet worked out great for us r/t.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Family Adventurer

luvdasea - thanks for the info. Actually, we just booked for the new Dreams Riviera Cancun property. It came down to a return trip to Beaches Turks or Dreams. While we loved our first trip to Beaches, we were able to secure a trip (same dates) with non-stop flights for over $2000 less. Plus we get to visit an area that we haven't been to before and try new excursions.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:59 AM
Charter Member

Have great time. A friend of mine form work had gone to Dreams this past summer and loved it!!

Old 02-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Juli
Charter Member

We are thinking of going to this Dreams Riviera in June. How did you like it? My kids are 6 and 9, so I want a good kids club, and good food. Hard to come by. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Juli

Old 01-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Charter Member

If you take a private taxi to the resort, do you just get a taxi at the airport after you arrive or should you pre-book something? Thanks.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Charter Member

We used Cancun Valet for our transfers. We booked online in advance. It worked out great. When we ventured out from the hotel for day trips, we went to the front desk and they got us a taxi.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:31 AM
Charter Member

Smile Barcelo

Hi..., can I ask something..., were is the location of barcelo?

Old 09-20-2010, 02:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdees05 View Post
You might check with Brant at

brant@entertainment-plus.net

He does a lot of trips out of Cancun, including providing airport shuttles, etc. They are a top notice firm.

Here is the site for information:

http://entertainment-plus.net/tour_transport.cfm

Such a very amazing link!
Thanks you for the post.