Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Family Friendly Resorts & Hotels

Forgot Your Password?

Family Friendly Resorts & Hotels Find the perfect resort, hotel, or destination, for your family.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Family Adventurer

Default White Stallion Dude Ranch

Our best vacation ever and we don't ride . . . well except for our 16 year old daughter. Ask me more. I love to talk about it. It's in Tucson and it was fantastic!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Host & Charter Member

Question

Hi CStuff,

This is THE PLACE for you to tell us MORE about the White Stallion Dude Ranch! People come and view our boards looking for ideas and places they haven't heard about so if you wouldn't mind writing up a bit about your experience at the ranch, I know I and all of our members would really enjoy hearing about it very much!!

We are all looking for great new ideas for Family Vacations and this sounds like it would be a great possibility. Some folks are shy or might miss reading your post. Would you be a friend and tell us more??

Thanks and look forward to hearing more about your visit to White Stallion Horse Ranch!!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Family Adventurer

Default White Stallion . . . can't wait to tell you more!

After our return, I put together this web site on Shutterfly. Visit it and it will tell you all about our experience as well as show pictures I took and provide a link to the ranch's website as well as lots of reviews. I always check out reviews prior to booking and there's always somebody impossible to please. Not with this place. All the reviews were STELLAR!!!! Check it out!

http://thestephensonswildwestadventure.shutterfly.com/

If you have more questions, let me know. Like I said before, I LOVE to talk about it!

Old 04-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Charter Member

never been - is it fun? Lots to do?

Old 04-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Family Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoolinson@yahoo.com View Post
never been - is it fun? Lots to do?
It was amazing. I was sure our 13 & 16 year old would freak out with no TV for a week, but not once did they complain about missing it. In addition to riding for all levels (up to 4 rides a day), there was ping pong, pool, swimming, hot tub, a basketball court, tennis, a petting zoo, air hockey, foosball, chess, board games, cards. You could also go on guided hikes. Each night there was some kind of entertainment . . . line dancing, cowboy storyteller, campfire with cowboy songs. The food was fantastic and the staff was unbelievable nice! We also loved how "hands on" the owners are. Every night Russel True tells you what's planned for the next day and his brother Michael is often seen at the huge outdoor grill. Both serve breakfast out on the trail several days a week, complete with blueberry pancakes, eggs, home fries etc. Great fun!

What we loved the best was that it forced us away from the electronics and our own little worlds so we spent a lot of the "quality time" we're all always talking about, but have trouble spending!

And the scenery was stunning! I'd never seen a cactus as huge as what were out there!

We didn't get there this spring break as planned, but we are looking to go again next March. I also know they're offering some great summer specials if you don't mind the heat! Tell them I sent you!

Here's the link to a little presentation I did when I was trying to round up folks to go this past March! It really gives you an idea of what the place is like!

http://thestephensonswildwestadventure.shutterfly.com/

More questions? Just give me a "yell!"

Warmly,
Elizabeth

Old 08-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Elizabeth,
I am just getting around to looking at your posts and pictures. Your family vacation at the dude ranch looks awesome! I am going to seriously look at this as a destination for 2012 spring break. We have a family of six and I am wondering if the accomodations would work for six people. My kids will be 14,11,10 and 7 in the spring. Do you think this would be fun for this age group? 3 of them went horseback riding here in the midwest this Summer and loved it!
Cheryl