Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Mexico

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Mexico Mexico family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in Mexico. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Mexico Family Travel Deals
Mexico Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 02-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Host & Charter Member

Question Mayan Riviera

Lately I have been hearing a lot of travelers, especially family travelers, interested in being on the Yucatan Peninsula, but definitely NOT in Cancun anymore. I know that awhile ago it all started with Playa del Carmen and now extends to Tulum and further but with most of the locations between those two cities. Playa del Carmen was one of the first locations south of the airport to grow that was quieter and less of a party zone making it more appealing to travelers with different interests. Also, Cozumel is close off the coast from this area by boat.

Now I know that there are several more destinations on the Riviera and I'd love for any of our members who have traveled the Mayan Riviera to tell us about their travels to some of these destinations, what was most appealing about these destinations in terms of a family vacation spot, what there was to do, best hotels in your zone, and why you would recommend that particular area of the Mayan Riviera. It has certainly developed into its own new "destination" and is becoming very popular "muy rapido!"

Have you & your family traveled there? What did you think about it and would you return? Since this seems to be the nice, new alternative to Cancun's, um, "high octane" levels, it's something we'd really love to hear about if you have been there! Many other families will likely be sure to follow