Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Caribbean

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Caribbean Caribbean family travel forum: Discuss family friendly Caribbean resorts and hotels. Get Caribbean vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Caribbean Family Travel Deals
Caribbean Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 04-20-2010, 06:57 PM
tourista
Charter Member

Red face Turks & Caicos in August?

We are thinking of going to Turks & Caicos with a group in August. The rates are good.

Has anyone gone there in summer? I'm concerned about it being real hot & humid.

Also, isn't that supposed to be the peak of hurricane season?

I'd sure appreciate anyone sharing their experience & knowledge?

Old 06-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourista View Post
We are thinking of going to Turks & Caicos with a group in August. The rates are good.

Has anyone gone there in summer? I'm concerned about it being real hot & humid.

Also, isn't that supposed to be the peak of hurricane season?

I'd sure appreciate anyone sharing their experience & knowledge?
It is hot and humid and not quite the peak of hurricane season. Very nice island....

Old 06-24-2010, 08:48 AM
tourista
Charter Member

We have decided not to go to Turks & Caicos... Resort prices are good but airfare was not. Also, too hot for my taste. I would love to go at Christmas time but the rates are sky high & don't want to take kids out of school. I have read that both Aug & Sept ARE peak hurricane season. Also, this yr., the probability is higher due to El Nino or La Nina.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourista View Post
We have decided not to go to Turks & Caicos... Resort prices are good but airfare was not. Also, too hot for my taste. I would love to go at Christmas time but the rates are sky high & don't want to take kids out of school. I have read that both Aug & Sept ARE peak hurricane season. Also, this yr., the probability is higher due to El Nino or La Nina.
Yes air fare to Turks and Caicos is very expensive. Specially if you are coming from the Midwest. Aug is a very hot time of year to go T & C. Will you be going anywhere else instead?

TravelMom401

Old 06-24-2010, 08:37 PM
tourista
Charter Member

Yes, we picked more local plans. We will take the ferry from WI to Muskegon, MI & travel up the shore line to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.

We also plan to go to our "New England of the Midwest", Door County.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist View Post
Yes, we picked more local plans. We will take the ferry from WI to Muskegon, MI & travel up the shore line to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lake shore.

We also plan to go to our "New England of the Midwest", Door County.
OMG We are we are going to Sleeping Bear Dunes too..Small world. during our visit to SBD we are going to stay in Traverse City for a couple of days, If you haven't been to Traverse City it's a very nice town with cool shops, restaurants and coffee shops. If you have time you should check it out.

After Sleeping Bear dunes for a few days then we are going to Muskegon/White Hall to Michigan Adventure Park...

About when will you be going?

TravelMom401