Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > California

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

California California family travel forum: Discuss family friendly California resorts and hotels. Get California vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
California Family Travel Deals
California Family Hotels and Resorts

Old 06-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

Default Yosemite?

DH just decided he wants to drive to Yosemite in a month. Will take 2 days of 12-13 hours of driving each from Oklahoma City. Anyway, I have no idea where to start on this. Hotels? Food? What parts do we want to see? We will have our 9yo DS will us, and fortunately, he travels quite well even in a car. We will only have about 2-3 days there, with possibly a day or so in San Francisco (in addition to the time at Yosemite).

I need help, please!

Old 06-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDONCHICK View Post
DH just decided he wants to drive to Yosemite in a month. Will take 2 days of 12-13 hours of driving each from Oklahoma City. Anyway, I have no idea where to start on this. Hotels? Food? What parts do we want to see? We will have our 9yo DS will us, and fortunately, he travels quite well even in a car. We will only have about 2-3 days there, with possibly a day or so in San Francisco (in addition to the time at Yosemite).

I need help, please!
How many days will you be on Vac? 7 days total with driving or 9 with two days of driving?

TravelMom401

Old 06-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Charter Member

We will be gone 10-11 days. We will take 2 days to drive out and two back (spending the night somewhere halfway both times).

Old 06-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Thanks I will do a little digging and see what I can come up with...

TravelMom401

Old 07-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Just got back from Yosemite. Check out the Yosemite View lodge in El Portal. It's just outside the Arch Rock entrance to Yosemite and is a good alternative if you can't get Valley floor lodging. Depending on how rustic you want to be, you could try Curry Village for their tent cabins but I think all the Valley lodging is probably booked by now. Yosemite View Lodge is not a great hotel but it is a great location. It was a really good trip and is especially good for boys-lots of hiking, bouldering and rock climbing.