Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Europe

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Europe Europe family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in Europe. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Europe Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 09-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Default How to dress for the theater?

We are going to the theater while in London to see Sister Act. We are packing very light for this trip, but what should we pack/wear for this occasion? Is is casual or dressy, we've never been to the theater. It is an evening showing and the kids 7 & 9 will be with us.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Don't stress about what to wear to the theatre - it's nowhere near as formal as it used to be. We went to several shows while we were in London in March and some people were very dressed up and some very casual. I wore black or grey pants with a sweater, my teenage daughter wore nice jeans and a top and my youngest daughter wore a dress (but she won't wear anything else). As long as you look presentable then you will be fine. Enjoy - I wish I was going back to London!!

Lisa

Old 09-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gang Mom View Post
We are going to the theater while in London to see Sister Act. We are packing very light for this trip, but what should we pack/wear for this occasion? Is is casual or dressy, we've never been to the theater. It is an evening showing and the kids 7 & 9 will be with us.
Also don't forget to consider if it's a matinée or a evening show you are going to. I would say evening a nice dress or dress pants and blouse would be fine. for a Matinée I would think you could go casual dress and be just fine too.

I hear Sister Act is a very good show... enjoy.

TravelMom401