Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Midwest US

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Midwest US Midwest family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in the Midwest. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Midwest Family Travel Deals

Old 06-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Charter Member

Default Wisconsin Dells

We live in WI so a quick overnight to one of the many waterpark hotels is a nice simple getaway.

Anyone else?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Family Adventurer

If anyone has any questions about Branson MO, I'll be glad to try and answer them...We go several times each year and always have a great time....

Old 07-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Family Adventurer

Default Chula Vista Resort

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Old 07-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imani68 View Post
Thoughts? Suggestions?

I stayed at the Chula vista last year. Its less expensive than the others but I didnt like it as much. I've stayed at the kalahari and wilderness and the wilderness is my favorite. They have some specials going on now. If budget is a concern, then try chula vista....all that kids care about is a pool...they love to swim.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Family Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmomof4 View Post
I stayed at the Chula vista last year. Its less expensive than the others but I didnt like it as much. I've stayed at the kalahari and wilderness and the wilderness is my favorite. They have some specials going on now. If budget is a concern, then try chula vista....all that kids care about is a pool...they love to swim.
Thanks. I have done the Kalahari but we'll have a 14 year old German cousin with us and we need to have either 2 bedrooms or two hotel rooms. The $200 a night 2BR condo at Chula Vista seems like the best deal.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imani68 View Post
Thanks. I have done the Kalahari but we'll have a 14 year old German cousin with us and we need to have either 2 bedrooms or two hotel rooms. The $200 a night 2BR condo at Chula Vista seems like the best deal.
They are spacious rooms. My 15 and 13 yr old got bored after a while...but they are at the age. I'm sure your german cousin will enjoy it. We did the hotel room with 2 beds and pull out sofa and we were rarely in our rooms

Old 07-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Family Adventurer

Default been there with 12 & 14 yr old

We head up to the dells every new years eve....this last one we did chula vista for 2 nights in between our wilderness stays.....the 14 yr old I think got spoiled at the wilderness & kalahari....
but the 12 yr old had a good time...it looked like the outside waterpark was pretty nice (not open obvioulsy in Jan)
you may want to see if there are any specials at wilderness/glacier canyon there condos are great and the kids still had fun...the park is split up so it dosent seem so crowded and they only let guests in (last I knew)

I am wanting to try mt olympus for the summer as I think thier stays include access to thier go carts & rolle4r coasters. (the older ones will like that more).last I checked in winter thier rates wernt bad either.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

We live so close to the Dells. My 10 year olds school recognition trip was to Chula Vista this spring. He loved it as much as the others. I haven't stayed there since the major remodel- think the last time I stayed there it was the late 1980's. The current ads they are running make it seem like it is very nice.

The older one went to Mt. Olympus for the day for his 8th grade trip 2 years ago. They like the indoor water park and the theme park. We have also spent the night at the Wilderness, the Kalahari, the Great Wolf. We have decided that if our transportation costs weren't so cheap (a 30 minute drive) it would be cheaper to go to Disney World on a per day basis (and it is).

Don't forget there is much to do besides water parks. The Dells boat tours (I like the upper Dells much better than the lower Dells), the "Ducks", golfing, Mirror Lake State Park. Tommy Bartlett's ski show, I have never paid for it...I always go and eat at the Rivina Inn- the deck gives a perfect view of the show.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Family Adventurer

Don't forget about the Bennett studio run by the Wisconsin Historical Society in downtown Wis Dells. I took my GS troop there and they LOVED it. The cool B&W photos, the interactive displays, the stereoscopic photos -- all very cool