Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Traveling with Kids > Kids 3-9

Forgot Your Password?

Kids 3-9 Got a 3 to 9-year old? Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families. Traveling with Kids Ages 3 - 6 and Traveling with Kids Ages 7 - 9

Old 06-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
It's not earth shattering, but when you're on your trip you'll be thanking your stars you did this: travel when everyone else is in school. Another way to say it is: Go Contrarion!

My husband and twin six year olds visited Disney World in October '07 (boys were 4 at the time) and my kids never learned the concept of what a line at the theme park actually is. There were no lines! It was insane! Every day, I was like, "we're pulling them out of school from now on! We're pulling them out of school from now on!" (meaning in the future).

Last year, a friend who is a Kindergarten teacher quietly pulled her two out of school and went to Disneyland on a Nov. weekend for three days -- so some of the teachers are doing it too.

But, if you're a teacher, please don't be mad! I know it really irritates some teachers that parents are up to this.

Now I never plan trips during the summer unless it's a place that isn't likely to be stormed by the crowds.

I'm also taking the boys to spots that might be considered boring, but they're fairly quiet in the summer: rv rental arizona childrens museums, museums with special exhibits (King Tut is visiting SF! and pieces from a Lincoln exhibit are in Sac too) -- basically, things that the crowds won't be that interested in, but I know my kids will enjoy.

Wendy
ya this makes it real nice and relaxed I stumbled onthis phenomena of common sense a few years back

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiresmokindad View Post
ya this makes it real nice and relaxed I stumbled onthis phenomena of common sense a few years back
I will take this advise from now on... I pulled my daughter out of school two weeks after spring break here in Michigan to go to Disney world.. I thought this was a great idea thinking that I would miss most of the crowds. Wrong what I didn't consider was the other states that had spring break at different times. OMG Disney was CRAZY. the lines where long and the crowds omg. the kicker was is the crowds supposedly weren't all that bad from what I hard from the employees at Disney. From now on its Disney during off seasons.

TravelMom401

Old 02-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Before we take our family vacation, I like to get the kids excited about seeing and doing new things. We watch videos, read books, and listen to music from the region we are traveling. Sometime they help plan the activities, which makes them feel like an important contributor to the family vacation.

Once we reach our destination a helpful thing to have in our room is a flexible mesh hamper which can be folded down flat for travel and "pops" into shape when untied. It helps keep the room tidier when the kids know where to toss there dirty cloths. It is a must have for camping as well.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Family Trekker

Dirty laundry is MOST annoying on trips!. What I do is designate one entire large piece of luggage for laundry, one that stands upright. I zip up both sides, leaving the top open -- and insert a large black trash can bag inside. I have everyone stuff their dirties in there. At the end of the trip, I zip the luggage closed, and when we get home it goes right into the laundry room!

Old 07-11-2011, 04:28 AM

I too about this that is best???

Old 05-05-2013, 09:41 AM

Last summer i have visited Disney world . It was really a great vacation for our family. They have enjoyed very much. Next vacation we are planning to go costa rica. But i am not sure whether it would be great place for kids. I also have researched and found nice cosat rica vacation home but curious for our kids whether it would be good environment for them.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:16 AM
Family Trekker

Very wonderful tips shared.Would appreciate for the post.