Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Hawaii

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Hawaii Hawaii family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in Hawaii. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Hawaii Family Travel Deals
Hawaii Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 02-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Charter Member

Default scooters or mopeds in Oahu?

Hello! I wanted to see if anyone had any information regarding renting scooters or mopeds in Oahu? I did find a site but I'm also seeing conflicting information about whether its a good idea to rent one or not. We wouldnt consider riding them in the urban areas, mostly the northern part of the island. Any input would be great

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Hi luckygurl1227 and welcome to the family vacation critic message boards. You are far more adventurous than I am to even consider riding a scooter or moped! When we stayed on Oahu a couple of years ago we stayed in Honolulu but did a day trip to the north shore. I don't remember seeing any scooters or mopeds and the road that we were travelling had fairly heavy, fast traffic. Hopefully someone else who has stayed in more rural areas will chime in with their opinion on where scooter riding might be appropriate and where one can be rented.

In the meantime, if you have any other questions about your upcoming family vacation please do return to the boards and we will do our best to answer.

Lisa

Bookmarks