Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Florida

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Florida Florida family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in Florida. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Florida Family Travel Deals
Florida Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 12-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Charter Member

Smile Best family fun hotel in FLL or Miami

Hi:
Heading into Fort Lauderdale or Miami for a pre-cruise vacation. Can anyone recommend a fun resort for families that is moderately priced?

Thanks...>T.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southt00 View Post
Hi:
Heading into Fort Lauderdale or Miami for a pre-cruise vacation. Can anyone recommend a fun resort for families that is moderately priced?

Thanks...>T.
From which port are you cruising? That would make quite a difference since both have some very nice hotels close ennough to the port to see the ships come and go the day before or arrive to pick you up the morning of your sailing?
I love traveling. I've been to Dinsey at all different times of the year with Christmas being my favorite. I've been to six continents and hope to very soon visit Antarctica. Australia and Fiji are among my all time favorite foreign destinations.

Probably the most notable trip was October 2002, when we were at Bali the night of the first bombing there. *** You will find me on Cruise Critic as well with the same user name. Happy Travels to all!!!

Watch a quick look at my Christmas Light Displayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS34hUQrpM

Past Trips (Most recent first):
Aug09 WDW Week; June-July09 RCCL AK Cruise, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Disney Land and Four Corners region; Apr09 RCCL Voyager of the Seas; Feb09 RCCL Mariner of the Seas; Dec08-Jan09 Voyager of the Seas; Oct98 Fiji's Matangi Resort; May-June85 UK & France vacation; many others before these.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Charter Member

Default Flying into Miami, Sailing fromFLL

Thanks...We would prefer to stay in Fort Lauderdale but if there was a resort worth staying in Miami or in between, we would consider it.

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-25-2011, 12:12 PM

Default Grand Beach Hotel

Hi there,

I just posted this response to someone else on the Cruise Critic website but I thought it might also help you.

We are also going on a pre-cruise vacation to Miami and we booked the Grand Beach Hotel through SkyAuction.com at a rate that was about 60% less than their published rates.

It seems like a good hotel for families but there are also other listings for hotels between Miami and Fort Lauderdale on there.

Basically you bid and, if you win the auction, you give them your travel dates. If the dates aren't available then you aren't on the hook for the $$$. I've used them before and it's been a great service.