Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Family Vacation Planning, Tips & Ideas > Interests & Activities

Forgot Your Password?

Old 08-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Family Adventurer

Default Has Anyone Done a Dude Ranch With Young Kids?

My father-in-law would love a dude ranch, so we've been thinking about working it into the vacation schedule in the next couple of years. We have a a 4YO (soon to be 5) and a soon to be 2YO. We'd be looking for something simple, no riding really, but more of a fun family style ranch...any suggestions?

Randy

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

Default Kids at Dude Ranches...

Hi Randy.
Thanks for the question and I am happy to help you. I am the Executive Director of the Dude Ranchers' Association....we represent 106 of the best dude ranches out there. A dude ranch vacation is truly a wonderful vacation for kids of all ages. Check out www.duderanch.org to see and search for a ranch..or check out our blog at http://duderanchorg.blogspot.com/ We just posted a great blog article from a mom that took her family to a dude ranch this summer in Montana...its all about her 5 year old son. It is really great.

The Ranches in our Association range greatly in activities, amenities and locations...it takes a little research to find ranch that will match your needs and wishes, but it is worth it. I would be happy to help you find that right ranch that will offer your family all it wants! Just let me know what questions that you have and I will do my best....email or just ask away!!!

Old 09-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
My father-in-law would love a dude ranch, so we've been thinking about working it into the vacation schedule in the next couple of years. We have a a 4YO (soon to be 5) and a soon to be 2YO. We'd be looking for something simple, no riding really, but more of a fun family style ranch...any suggestions?

Randy
There is a Great Dude Ranch here in Michigan Double JJ Ranch, Waterpark and Golf Resort. It's located in Michigan. It is wonderful gears toward both the kids and adults.. Don't let the water park fool you it's all about horses, hay rides, chuck wagons and camp fires.

TravelMom401

Old 01-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Family Adventurer

There are cool Dude Ranches for tourists in states, such as Denver if you like to ride horsees in a place that is not as hot.