Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Family Vacation Planning, Tips & Ideas > Interests & Activities

Forgot Your Password?

Old 09-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Hi Pipch and welcome to Family Vacation Critic! I'm so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your organized tours with Adventures by Disney. I have looked at a number of their itineraries and am intrigued by what they have to offer. My only hesitation is that we have never done an organized tour and I'm not sure we would like having to follow a schedule AND I'd be worried about how much "Disney" was involved. My younger daughter has just turned 8 and has desperately wanted to go to China since she was three. We would like to go sometime in the next few years and I think we would need to book a tour as I don't feel confident enough to travel in China independently. So I'm wondering if the fact that Disney organizes the tours detracts in any way from the destination and to what extent there is a Disney theme to the activities - was Mickey Mouse at Machu Pichu??

Lisa

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2011, 07:04 PM

I have also looked into Adventures by Disney. I am sure they are fabulous, but just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money. We did Europe on our own for half the cost and spent 3 times longer there.

For a place like China though, I would be more likely to spend the extra dough. Some places you just need someone to show you around and help break the language barrier.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:57 AM

Yes, I would only consider it for someplace like China where I find the language barrier and the logistical details of getting from place to place in such a large country intimidating. We much prefer to travel on our own - at our own pace and seeing exactly what we want, spending time where we choose etc. We speak French as a second language and as a result can usually figure out some Italian and Spanish so have never had difficulty in Europe - besides the fact that in urban Europe nearly everyone speaks some English. My husband did an organized tour of China before I knew him and he says that he wouldn't want to try it without a guide. So when we get around to going to China we will definitely be looking at tour companies!

Lisa

Old 01-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Family Adventurer

Adventures by Disney is a nice way to see the sites and children to enjoy the sites too with other kids.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Nina's Mom (9 y.o.)

Just booked Adventures by Disney going to London, England and Paris France! Very excited and getting ready to book flights. Will report back in June 2013!

Old 03-22-2013, 06:01 PM

How exciting! I can't wait to hear your review. What tours will they be taking you on?

Old 12-11-2013, 04:25 AM
Family Trekker

I have two kids.Visited Disney,Orlando 3 times.My every visit here was full of great adventures activities.Disney is great place when it comes to point of fun and adventure.It is bit costlier place but real fun is here.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:54 AM
Family Trekker

Adventures by Disney provides group guided family vacations to various domestic and international destinations. It is completed with managed between Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, and the Walt Disney Travel Company.Its provided feature activities which are designed for families and kids ..

Old 12-30-2013, 01:37 AM
Family Adventurer

I'm preparing to see Disney land this season. I'll let you know how it went when I come back