Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Theme Park Vacations > Walt Disney World

Forgot Your Password?

Walt Disney World Discuss Disney World resorts and activities. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Disney Family Vacation Deals
Disney Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 09-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Host & Charter Member

So happy to be helpful. Indeed Disney is magical and I like how you put it, "glitters" because it really does. For us it was romantic and fun - one always becomes a Kid again when visiting Disney whilst running through the parks. It was magical with my family as a child, many times. But it's wonderful that it can be romantic for grown ups too. Another thought just popped into my head which would be romantic - if you did not take a gondola ride in Venice, Italy on your Euro trip last year with the family, well you can take a gondola ride in Epcot at the Italy Pavilion *alone*!

I hope this will be a very special visit to WDW, as each one always is, but because it has potential built in for a trip anyone might wish for, I am sure that it will be quite romantic.

After all these years, Mickey and Minnie are still an item - quite the love story if we believe in MAGIC! I know we all do at WDW

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2011, 09:30 PM

Talking WDW end of February

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary hooper View Post
My children have the last week in February off from school. I have read elsewhere that this can be a busy time at WDW due to other visitors taking their winter school break or early spring break in late Feb. I know it won't be as busy as Xmas holidays, Easter, or summer time, but how busy is late Feb.?
Much appreciate knowledgable responses.
I live in Florida and have season passes to WDW. The end of february is a great time to go.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:39 AM
Host & Charter Member

Thumbs up

While winter school vacation times vary throughout February, there is a surge in visits during that month. However my sister always took her kids there in February and never had any complaints. When we were young, we went there at Easter, which was wonderful indeed and still, it was not that bad - Easter time varies too!

I've visited WDW many different times of the year and I am ever impressed with their ability to manage lines and keep things moving. We did need to take "cool down" breaks once or twice but then again, those afternoon rains were always the best time to make it to the front of the line!

Enjoy your late February WDW trip - it will be great. WDW always is!!!

Old 02-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

We just returned form our Disney World/Universal Studios Orlando vacation. I can only compare this visit to our previous two which were in the fall. This review is based on the Disney World Portion only.

The weather first of all was much nicer, a lot less rain and heat. A definite plus for our family of 4. Although the first night of our arrival we didn't expect it to be 37 degrees either. The next few days were quite comfortable.

The lines in the parks seemed slightly less crowded and the restaurants were a lot less crowded. We were able to get reservations at every location we wanted to and even scored our first time at Le Cellier, where we had some of the best filet's ever! This also during free dining so we were extra pleased with the availability to have so many choices while dining.

We found the wait times for park transportation was also slightly less crowded. We always made it onto the the first bus to arrive. The average wait time was maybe 10 minutes at most. In the evening the wait time was usually less to return to your resort. At times we even had the bus practically to ourselves. Our resort seemed to be equally distanced to the other parks and average transportation from our room door to the gate took about 35 minutes total.

Of course some rides are always more popular than others and the fast pass still comes in handy. Overall I would say that February was less crowded than September or October.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Host & Charter Member

It's so great to hear that your family had a better experience during this visit; it sounds like it was just about the best WDW experience any visitors could hope for. Other than the few brief cold snaps Florida experienced thus far this winter, they have had atypically higher temps than usual for this year which is great for a family vacation.

Taking trips "off season" is one of my favorite travel tips and indeed, so many enjoyable travel experiences with my family, friends or solo have indeed occurred during shoulder season or otherwise unexpected times. While this is NOT necessarily easy to do with school age children, various schools have "winter breaks" during different weeks than others so it pays to call the resorts and see if your children's breaks occur outside the weeks they have blocked out as "peak" winter getaway time.

The other option is taking your kids on vacation while they miss a few days of school. Depending upon your children's ages and levels at school, missing 2-3 days might not have a huge impact on the work they would miss. Generally this means taking young children out of school, which is not to say early childhood education is not a key time for any child.....I've seen what kind of homework some 1st graders are sent home with, ! If a child's school work can be made up easy enough, it might be very well worth booking the trip.

My sister took my niece and nephew out of school in February to visit WDW when they were young; the rates were better, less crowded as per Host YGM's report. But these vacations did not, and could not continue as they went further along in school. It seems they all had a good time, except maybe for my niece who is 4 years younger than my nephew and so her memories aren't vivid at all. A 2 year age difference might have made a difference but well, that's a type of planning that might likely never factor into travel planning.

If the timing and ages are right - go for it, why miss a great opportunity to save and enjoy the park more. When it comes to your family, why not get the best experiences you can have if the timing is right? So many times I see questions asking when is the best time to vist.........? Quite often I'll reply "anytime" but I know that this won't always work for everyone so if you are limited to just summer break, don't worry about that either - you'll still have an amazing time I have...summer trips to WDW, fun, fun, fun..........there are other strategies for making that work well too

Welcome back Host YGM, can't wait to view your pics!

Old 02-29-2012, 06:37 PM
World Travelers

Jealous of your Le Cellier experience...gotta make it a priority next trip.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:39 PM

We did indeed use Indepentdent Study for the kids during the trip. A big plus that there was a 4 day weekend involved, so they didn't miss a whole lot of
school. We usually try to keep them in the classroom as much as possible, but it is not always a reality.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscofamily5 View Post
Jealous of your Le Cellier experience...gotta make it a priority next trip.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!