Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Canada

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Canada Canada family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in Canada. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Canada Family Travel Deals
Canada Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 07-16-2011, 02:45 AM
Host & Charter Member

Question

My maternal Grandparents came to America from Montreal. I speak French but cannot understand Canadian French! lol

But what I was hoping to hear about from all our members up North who have said hello is to know where in Canada you are (generally) what you love about it, and safely assuming you're all travelers, what parts of Canada that you've visited and really enjoyed.

The more we know, the further we can go! There is a whole lot of Canada, why not shout about it right here! We're listening!!

Thanks - Merci!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Family Adventurer

Talking Canada Rocks!

Calgary here, too! I agree - we live in a really great place; we seem to be close to everything. Skiing, camping, wildlife, rivers...love it here!

Old 05-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Family Adventurer

From Montreal!

Old 05-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Family Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostColleen View Post
My maternal Grandparents came to America from Montreal. I speak French but cannot understand Canadian French! lol)
Colleen, tu ne comprendrais pas mon français canadien parlé, mais je suis certaine que tu comprends mon français écrit!

Old 05-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Ooh, I can understand what you have written from my French classes back in the 1980's!

Old 05-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Family Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Host Young Gang Mom View Post
Ooh, I can understand what you have written from my French classes back in the 1980's!
Hee hee... And I can understand what YOU wrote from my one year in English school abroad back in the 80's too! I guess we're pretty much the same age! Oh, and my homeroom teacher was Mrs. Young!

Last edited by JosiePie; 05-23-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Hi Colleen,

I'll happily chime in to promote traveling in Canada! We live in Oakville, Ontario along the shores of Lake Ontario about a 30 minute drive from downtown Toronto and about an hours drive from Niagara Falls. Plenty to do in both areas to keep families busy for several days each.

Both my husband and I grew up in Northern Ontario so we have covered a fair bit of this province in our travels. With our kids we have also traveled to Vancouver, British Columbia; Québec; Prince Edward Island; Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. This summer we will be visiting Newfoundland as well as the other Atlantic provinces. We have even briefly visited the Yukon territory while on an Alaskan cruise. We need to get them to the western provinces soon to see the Rockies!

Everywhere that we have traveled in Canada has been very family-friendly. My kids love the East coast - especially Prince Edward Island. We visited the island a number of times when my older daughter was little and she has very fond memories. She is actually more excited about returning there this summer than she was about our trip to Paris in March!

Lisa

Old 06-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Family Adventurer

Born Vancouverite, now living in Abbotsford.

Last edited by JackHorn; 06-18-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Smiley face did not work out..

Old 08-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Family Adventurer

hi ,i am carol .glad to see you here