Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Family Vacation Planning, Tips & Ideas > Interests & Activities > Family Beach Vacations

Forgot Your Password?

Family Beach Vacations Discuss beach vacations for your family. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Charter Member

Default 10 Best Beaches for Families

The sun, the surf, the sand... there is joy in any family vacation on the beach. And wouldn't you know it, we've got our 10 favorite places for families to play in the sand and surf! 1. Baby Beach, Aruba Aruba is renowne...

More...

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Host & Charter Member

Favorite family beach vacations for us throughout the years have been mostly on the east coast since that is where we've always been based.

Some of our favorites include Montauk on the East End of Long Island, NYS, Jershey Shore (in the past, Seaside, but now, Cape May), Virginia Beach, South Florida and the Florida Keys. I missed a family beach trip to Myrtle Beach, SC & Outer Banks, NC, which everyone also loved, wish I could have made those! There is something special about the Florida Keys in that being there almost feels like stepping into another time, more old fashioned (though modern family friendly resorts abound!) and "old timers" with a different vibe than say, when visiting beaches in Florida proper.
The Keys are also a bit of a first sample of the Caribbean, where fun times were had on Paradise Island, the Caymans, St. Barth's and caribbean Mexican beaches.

It's amazing how fast a great day on the beach can pass by when everyone is having fun at a wonderful beach locale. There is always so much to do in the towns but the sand & sea are peaceful, carefree & fun for everyone, all ages, anytime!

I only listed a some, but the possibilities are endless and the fun is limitless!

Old 11-21-2011, 04:12 AM
Family Adventurer

A vacation on the beach is surely one of our most favorite family fun. There's nothing like basking in the sn and splashing in the blue waters. And to go a notch more playful, build a sand castle with the kids!

Old 05-31-2012, 03:32 AM

Thumbs up Top Ten Best Beaches in Florida...

• 1 Pensacola Beach is a hot favorite with college and high school goers.
  • 2 Cocoa beach has been called the quintessential beach town.
  • 3 Panama City Beach, FL, The Beach Lovers Beach.
  • 4 Spend a day relaxing on "The World's Most Famous Beach" Daytona beach and get away from it all.
  • 5 Clearwater beach is located in Pinellas County on the west coast of Florida
  • 6 Henry Flagler's railroad to Key West turned the remote island of Bahia Honda Key into a tropical destination.
  • 7 West Palm Beach oozes with elegance, history and luxurious comfort.
  • 8 Siesta Key has a youthful spirit that is drawn to the glassine waters and quartz-crystal white sands.
  • 9 South Beach in Miami aka Miami beach.
  • 10 Caladesi beach & Caladesi Island State Park.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:01 AM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Thanks for the heads up on Florida beaches!

Old 06-07-2012, 02:48 AM
Host & Charter Member

Our family always went to South Florida Ocean beaches, my Dad just revisited one of them last month - Hollywood Beach, and said it was still nice. He was showing it to someone who was only familiar with the Gulf Coast beaches. She liked it. My grandpa used to take us to Deerfield Beach, also lovely and Ft. Lauderdale was nice, then it wasn't, now it is again. We used to fly (Dad flew) to Marathon Key for day trips while visiting Florida - it's beautiful there. Then, with my Florida relatives and sister, we'd visit Key Largo and Islamorada - love them both! Great snorkeling/diving off Key Largo on the reef at John Pennekamp National Park, underwater. Plus, having been to a zillion weddings - best ever was on the beach in Key Largo; ceremony on a boat at Sunset and then, tent beach reception - incredible. Leading up to the wedding, fun beach time.

A friend is getting married in South Beach which is not really my idea of a vacation place....it's a party place, expensive hotels and shops....pretty beach, but not quite a family atmosphere, but that's just my two cents. I remember it a very different way, a long time ago. Now it's kind of top shelf Vegas, but not surrounded by sand, just bordering sand/sea - oh and no gambling but then the kids can't do that either.

St. Augustine is also gorgeous and Destin is considered one of the premier family vacation beach destinations in Florida on the panhandle. Although reports are great about Florida gulf beaches, it's hard for me to still get past the BP disaster and want to go in that water. Or maybe it's just because our family has always been FL east coast beach go-ers. My friend's family goes to Naples for months at a time and they love the beach there.

There are indeed, many great beach locations in FL, that is undeniable!
ENJOY!!

Old 07-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

We are very fortunate to live in Florida 30 minutes away from Clearwater and St. Pete beach but don't visit them nearly as much as we thought we would when we moved here! Our favorite trip though is to Palm Beach. We go every summer for a meeting my husband attends at the Breakers (yeah, it's a hardship!) and my kids give up EVERYTHING to go on this weekend. We love the resort (the hotel to which I compare every hotel) and love, love, love the Atlantic ocean and beach. We bring our boogie boards and play in the water until we can't stand up. We are headed to Puerto Rico in a week and plan to stay at a beach condo for a week. We'll see how that stacks up!

Old 07-21-2012, 01:54 AM

Of course, It a list of top 10 beaches for family vacations. The best beach is Coronado beach, San Diego California. I have decided to visit that beach in my upcoming vacations and we shall go there in Coronado beach.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:34 AM

Really these are some awesome beach or place for family holiday. The family members and the kids are enjoying with lots of fun in that environments. I am really very happy to see place and get some information about that place it’s like good or memorable place for everyone.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:20 PM

Default To discover best beaches travel to Turkey Fethiye

In Turkey Fethiye there are lot of beaches and gorgeous bays but the special one is world wonder Oludeniz beach. To watch the video and see the photos click here: Fethiye Oludeniz Beach Turkey