Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Ask Our Editor

Forgot Your Password?

Ask Our Editor Ask Lissa Harnish Poirot your travel questions! And check out the Family Vacation Critic Blog

Old 06-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Editor, Family Vacation Critic
Charter Member

Default America?s Cup Comes to Newport

Whether your family knows nothing about sailing, this is an exciting time to visit Newport, R.I., when the America’s Cup World Series regatta arrives for the final stop of the world-wide event. Tonight, to kick off the event, Downtown Newport welcomes the racers and visitors with music and events starting at 6 p.m. The official [...]

More...

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Host & Charter Member

Where it began and lived for years and years!! To simply sail is wonderful (I like both) but these racing ships are amazing, as are the crew, how unbelievably challenging the sport is and historic in its American origins in my birth town of Newport, RI. The cup had been won by Aussies, Kiwis and others and so it traveled away from Newport but how nice for it to be back. Go and see these amazing crafts, learn about what it takes to race, how the ships have evolved, famous winning captains AND enjoy the beautiful town of Newport. I've revisited with my family over the years and it's ALWAYS awesome!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review of the Week - Newport Coast Villa - by sandra.jarvis TravelTime Member Reviews of the Week! 0 03-01-2012 01:34 PM
Newport Beach?s Christmas Boat Parade Family Editor Ask Our Editor 0 12-16-2011 12:10 PM
Review of the Week - "America's Resort" is "Our Resort" The Greenbrier by bobbylilly TravelTime Member Reviews of the Week! 0 07-05-2011 01:09 PM
Coopers Beach named BEST beach in America by Dr. Beach rquincey Mid-Atlantic US 0 07-12-2010 03:03 PM

• 9 Cool-Weather Summer Destinations for Families
    If the increasing summer temperatures are getting you down, a vacation to the Caribbean or Florida won't result in family fun. According to the 2014 Farmer's Almanac, this summer will be reaching record numbers, as did this past winter with its memorable lows, and for families living in warm-weather... read more
  • weeSpring Product Reviews from FVC
    Family Vacation Critic helps parents plan the best family vacations, while weeSpring helps them find the best baby and toddler products. Together, we use reviews to inform and encourage the sharing of tips and ideas, and have partnered to build our staff's essential baby and toddler travel products ... read more
  • 8 Snooze-and-Cruise Deals for Families
    It's always a good idea to stay at a hotel the night before your cruise departs. In fact, many hotels offer specific packages for families who seek shuttle services, long-term parking and more. Don't miss the boat; consider one of these hotels before you set sail: 1. Hotel Galvez & Spa - Galvest... read more