Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Theme Park Vacations > Disneyland

Forgot Your Password?

Disneyland Discuss Disneyland resorts and activities. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Disney Family Vacation Deals
Disneyland Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 05-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Charter Member

Smile Looking for Disneyland fans.....

My family and I are going to California for our vacation this year and would like to get information on what park to visit at Disneyland in Anaheim, Ca. We have gone to Walt Disney World in Florida a couple of times and we really enjoyed ourselves. I have heard very different opinions about Disneyland. We will only be able to spend 1 day there. We have a 9 & 8 year old, any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Having been to Disneyland multiple times and Disney World twice, I can tell you that it is two different worlds. Disneyland is always a magical place though and it and California Adventure park are literally right across from each other. The neat thing about visiting the California parks is that you will be able to experience the differences between it and Florida. For instance, Pirates of the Caribbean in California totally rocks over FL. You will also find that there will be different rides than in Fl.

California Adventure Park has a lot of the rides that you would find at Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios like Soarin' and Hollywood Tower of Terror, though the names may vary slightly.

I can try and help you out if you have any specific questions, hope your vacation rocks!

Old 05-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

Default Re: Disneyland inquiry

Thanks for the input and advice.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Family Adventurer

Only 1 day? Disney land is a place where age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Family Adventurer
Charter Member

Until 4 years ago we lived in So.Calif. and went to Disneyland Resort almost every weekend ... park admission has gotten rather pricey over the years, but it is definitely a magical place to visit still.

What time of year are you planning on going?

Old 12-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Charter Member

I have been a Disney fan ever since I have seen the very first movie in my early, early childhood and still today I love to watch the old Disney classics with my children - such as Cinderella, the Sleeping Beauty, Pinocchio or the Little Mermaid Arielle. They are perfectly beautiful and above all they help children to grow up but keep believing in things like true love and fate and hope and fulfilling your wishes and dreams. I think the message Disney gives us is so fundamentally deep that you have to love the movies.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

I've been going to Disneyland since '85. Going for the first time with the kids in March as part of a spring break trip.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyOfSix View Post
I've been going to Disneyland since '85. Going for the first time with the kids in March as part of a spring break trip.
How wonderful for you! This is magic in the making. Be sure to take lots of photos. I remember the first trip we took our kids to Disneyland. They were so excited and we got to relive what it was like to view Disney through the eyes of a child again. Even as adults, Mickey and his friends have always enchanted us and brought joy into our lives. Have a wonderful trip!

Old 01-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Family Adventurer

California Adventure is a great park, many sitcoms have visited it.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:56 AM

am I the only person who thinks ' ALL OF THEM!' when reading the OP's question for which parks to visit?

They're all fantastic in my opinion, and you can't go wrong with any of them.