Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Southwest US

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Southwest US Southwest US family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in the Southwest. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Southwest Family Travel Deals
Southwest Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 04-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Family Adventurer

Default Las Vegas with kids

My family (two kids boy age 12 and girl age 10) will be in Las Vegas for three days. Any suggestions on activite, shows or restaurants? We are staying at the MGM Grand. I heard they have a nice pool for the kids.

Last edited by alexdog; 04-25-2010 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Wrong title

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdog View Post
My family (two kids boy age 12 and girl age 10) will be in Las Vegas for three days. Any suggestions on activite, shows or restaurants? We are staying at the MGM Grand. I heard they have a nice pool for the kids.
Currently in Las Vegas as I type. I know your post is old but this is for future visitors. Blue Man Group would be an excellent show for your kids. there are a few other free "shows" like the volcano eruption at Mirage, the fountains at Bellagio, and Sirens at Treasure Island.

Last edited by HostColleen; 12-19-2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: bad link in post

Old 01-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

-Circus Circus is fun to take the kids to. I wouldn't stay there but it's a fun place to visit.
-DD loves going to Excalibur? to visit their fair like arcade in the basement. Their King of ??Tournament show is very kid friendly and a lot of fun!
- Most of the Cirque Shows are kid appropriate.
- DD loved KA. Lots of martial arts in this show. It's at MGM Grand.
-Bellagio Arts Garden is beautiful
-Coke store and M&M World are great places to visit.
-There are Lions in the MGM Grand that you can visit for free.
-There is the Seigfried and Roy Secret Garden at the Mirage and the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. Both are great places to visit with kids.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:59 AM

Default October Visit to Vegas with 10 year old granddaughter

Going to Vegas as the baby sitter. Granddaughter and I plan to have a great time while parents are in convention and meetings. All suggestions welcome.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

RoadTripFantastic has a lot of great ideas that you might be interested in. Her post is right above yours.

Also Circus Circus has midway games and rides. If your hotel has a pool, that is always a big hit with kids. In the evening there is a pirate show in front of Treasure Island, a volcano erupts at the Mirage, and beautiful fountain shows at the Bellagio.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:38 AM

Default Take Tours and Save Time & Money

Well Las Vegas is a great center location for fun things such as the Grand Canyon or Hollywood.

So I recommend you check out sites like this as we did. We did not even need to rent a vehicle.

http://Vegas2Hollywood.com

http://GrandCanyonTours-SouthRim.com

Old 08-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Family Adventurer
Charter Member

Any updates? We are taking our 11 year old Granddaughter there for Thanksgiving this year. She likes magic, so we have tickets to David Copperfield. We are staying at Grandview next to Southpoint.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

We went to Vegas April 2012 for Easter with our children who were 8 & 10 at the time. The whole family had a great time. Honestly there is much to do and see just walking around the Vegas strip. We walked the entire strip and then took a taxi back to the hotel at the end.

There is a really cool free show in Caesar's Palace, but you need to go in all the way to the end of the mall, it is a fountain, light, and animatronic show that runs about every 30 minutes. The Cheesecake Factory is just behind it and make a great place to stop for a dessert or bite to eat.

The kids enjoyed going into New York New York as well and Excalibur was a favorite as the children loved playing in the arcade.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Family Adventurer

Just came back from Reno with the kids. Not quite the same as Vegas, but fairly similar. We did a lunch buffet (cheaper than dinner), and they loved Circus Circus. We spent a lot of time at the pool as well.