Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Europe

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Europe Europe family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in Europe. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Europe Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 08-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Default Family Friendly Hotels in Rome

I have been back from vacation for about 10 days so I'm starting to itch to plan next summer's. We are considering going on a Mediterranean cruise that starts and finishes in Rome. We would plan to spend 3 nights in Rome prior to the start of the cruise and I'm looking for a recommendation for a family-friendly hotel in central Rome. We like to see a city on foot so it's important to us that most of what we want to see would be within walking distance. I think this means that we would prefer a hotel in the Pantheon/Piazza Navona/Trevi Fountain/Spanish Steps areas. My husband and I will be travelling with our two daughters who will be 14 and 8 so we will need either a quad room or two connecting rooms. I've looked at a number of hotel websites but I'm wondering if anyone can personally recommend a hotel that they have stayed at with children. Thanks for your help!

Lisa

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Charter Member

Default Recommendation for a guide in Rome

We'd like to add our recommendation about Uri Harash, who gave us a very pleasant experience during our first visit to Rome and can also help you find good hotels and restaurants. He was friendly, knowledgeable (gave us invaluable information and showed us amazing places that only locals know about, especially the Vatican and also the beautiful Tivoli gardens). We took a car tour but you can also take the regular tour all around Rome.
We had a wonderful time in Rome and Uri is a great guide. Just email him (uri.harash@gmail.com) if you're looking for a family vacation like we had (6 people) or any other kind of vacation Uri is an excellent choice.
If you want some more Rome tips from me feel free to ask, I feel like I'm pretty familiar with Rome... pinkynobrain@ymail.com

Old 12-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Family Adventurer

I would suggest that you check Sheraton Roma Hotel and Conference Center. It's a family friendly hotel that sets in the heart of Rome close to Palazzo della Civiltą Italiana and Museo Nazionale delle Arti e Tradizioni Populari.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:11 PM

Thank you for the suggestions!

Old 01-18-2011, 04:51 PM

We were in Rome in October and stayed at the Starhotels Michelangelo. About a 5 minute walk to the Vatican. We were there with our 7 and 9 year old's. Taxi's to other parts of town were easy and buses and underground system easily accessible. We would stay there again.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:54 AM

We just returned from our Mediterranean cruise which included 3 nights in Rome beforehand. We ended up booking Albergo Santa Chiara in the Pantheon area and it was ideal for our family. Clean, comfortable, spacious rooms and a location where we could walk nearly everywhere that we wanted to go in the city.

Lisa

Old 08-22-2011, 02:06 PM

Looks like you had a lovely trip! I enjoyed checking out your family travel blog. Lots of great photos and smiles! I would really enjoy a trip to Greece! We have decided that we must win the lottery as we are meant to travel the world!

Old 08-22-2011, 02:30 PM

Thanks!! Greece and Turkey are unbelievably beautiful - you would love both! Winning the lottery and traveling the world is an important element of our plans for the future as well!

Lisa

Old 07-04-2012, 02:12 AM
Family Adventurer

I think , if you buy a vacation deal from any travel agency, then you need not to worry about your accommodation and travel at each place. It is the responsibility of them to arrange everything for us.And you mention about your children too.so,in that case i suggest you to buy a vacation deal and just enjoy family vacations.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:30 AM

Your suggestion may work for some people but I actually enjoy planning the vacation almost as much as going on the vacation so no travel agents for me!!

Lisa