Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Ask Our Editor

Forgot Your Password?

Ask Our Editor Ask Lissa Harnish Poirot your travel questions! And check out the Family Vacation Critic Blog

Old 05-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Editor, Family Vacation Critic
Charter Member

Default Momís Day on Disney Cruise Lines

After a very stressful day of early rising, airport parking, airport check in and security lines, a long plane ride, customs, sightseeing in Vancouver, embarkation day, and coping with jetlag, I was rewarded with a day of rest aboard the Disney Wonder. And boy am I relaxed. Yesterday, we woke bright an early to catch [...]

More...

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Sounds like you had a great day at sea - apart from the bit of seasickness! I guess sea swells are as unpredictable as the weather. When we cruised to Alaska we had smooth sailing the entire way and I've been telling people ever since that the Alaskan cruise is as calm as can be because the ship is close to land the whole time!

We sailed to Alaska on Princess and the kids club had great activities - many of which were Alaska themed. When we sailed in Glacier Bay National Park they also had a park ranger on board to explain to the kids what they were seeing at a level that they could understand. We were very impressed with the kids program overall. I would be interested in knowing the types of activities that Disney has on offer for the kids. Are activities focussed on Alaska or is it all about the mouse??

Too bad about the Golden Mickeys - that was my favourite show when we sailed on the Disney Magic in the Caribbean.

Have fun tomorrow!

Lisa

Old 05-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Sounds like a wonderful day. We always dress up for formal night, it makes us feel special. Your spa treatment sounded heavenly!