Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Family Friendly Resorts & Hotels > All Inclusive Family Resorts

Forgot Your Password?

All Inclusive Family Resorts Find the perfect all inclusive resort and destination for your family.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Charter Member

Default Shade in the pool

Hi I'm new to the this site and think it's great. I have a question. My family loves All-inclusives, but given that we have young kids we prefer a place that actually has shade in the pool (when swimming). We recently went to Grand Palladium Punta Cana because it had it, but I was wondering if people have been to other resorts (Mexico or Dominican), with a shade in the pool. Any help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popdave View Post
Hi I'm new to the this site and think it's great. I have a question. My family loves All-inclusives, but given that we have young kids we prefer a place that actually has shade in the pool (when swimming). We recently went to Grand Palladium Punta Cana because it had it, but I was wondering if people have been to other resorts (Mexico or Dominican), with a shade in the pool. Any help would be appreciated!
Great question...The AI resort The Reef in Playa had some shade but only in the afternoon, and the shaded area was a little too close to the swim up bar. By mid afternoon that section of the pool did get a little crazy....

The Holiday inn in Puerto Vallarta had none, but there was a ton of chair that had umbrellas so you could sit in the shade with out a problem.

The Nickelodeon hotel in orlando Fl. did have some shade at all of their pools and there were plenty of shaded areas around the pools too.

TravelMom401

Old 09-09-2010, 10:02 AM
travel bug

we've been tothe Mayan Palace in Alcopolco and Puerta Vallerta. Both had partly shaded pools.Not AI resorts, but 5 star+.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb101@rogers.com View Post
we've been tothe Mayan Palace in Alcopolco and Puerta Vallerta. Both had partly shaded pools.Not AI resorts, but 5 star+.
Puerta Vallerta Holiday in AI has a lot of shaded area's around the pool plus a section off by it self strickly for little ones.

TravelMom401

Old 03-25-2011, 05:31 AM

this is a very good question....always our problem too!

Old 07-19-2011, 05:41 AM

Our family loves the South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island, Florida, very well equipped for big family's needs!!!

Old 11-10-2011, 03:26 AM
Family Adventurer

Very good question, I hope that more moms will share experience, because I am also interested in the topic... Thanks in advance !

Old 01-13-2014, 12:08 AM
Family Trekker

You can visit Shades of Green Resort Pools.Shades of Green has two outdoor heated pools.

The Millpond pool is formed in the shape of Mickey Mouse's Head and Ears. This is the main pool for the resort. The kiddie pool can also be found here. Evergreens Sports Bar is located near the pool which makes it convenient to grab a refreshing drink or snack to enjoy pool side. This area is always a hub of activity.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:25 AM
Family Adventurer

So many company making the shade for sun protection and it is very useful for the indoore and outdoor Poll or swimming pool..Having the so many kind of variety--
like Febric shade,plastic shade etc..

Old 01-15-2014, 03:25 AM
Family Adventurer

So many company making the shade for sun protection and it is very useful for the indoore and outdoor Poll or swimming pool..Having the so many kind of variety--
like Febric shade,plastic shade etc..