Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Mexico

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Mexico Mexico family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in Mexico. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Mexico Family Travel Deals
Mexico Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 11-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Charter Member

Default March Break 2012, same resort as this year... or somewhere new?

I'm torn for what to book for our upcoming March Break 2012 trip.

We went to Catalonia Yucatan / Riveria Maya this year and LOVED it. Plus it was a great value.

So do we visit the same resort again, knowing how much we loved it... or try something new?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

I think it can be one of the toughest decisions when planning family travel - should you return to a familiar place that you know everyone will enjoy or try something new. When my oldest daughter was young we went to Prince Edward Island for several summers in a row because we knew exactly what to expect and it was an easy, relaxing summer vacation. Now my kids are older and I wouldn't be satisfied returning to the same spot - there's just too many places that I want to go to.

How old are your kids? Are they old enough to enjoy exploring a new place or would they feel more comfortable returning to the same resort? Would you be happy returning to the same resort or are you yearning to try something new? Could you go back to the same resort and explore the area more?

Lots to think about but it's a fun decision to have to be made. I'm sure whatever you decide your family will have a wonderful March break. We would be happy to help you mull it over if you'd like to come back and chat some more.

Lisa

Old 11-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

That can be a toughie, but maybe ask the kids what they think. Our children often help me decide what would be best for all of us. As much as I like to travel and see new sights, sometimes is just as much fun to be somewhere familiar.

Were you at an All Inclusive last trip? If so, there are a lot of really nice All Inclusive's out there and you may want to try it again at a new location, knowing that there will still be some of the things you liked best about your last trip.

There are a lot of good reviews on FVC and I am sure they can help you make a good decision as well.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for your reply Lisa.

Our kids just turned 7 and 9. Part of the reason we also like Catalonia Yucatan is because it's a smaller / more compact resort which allows the kids some freedom to roam around by themselves and not get lost or for the most part out of eyesight.

I've been doing some preliminary searching but nothing that has caught my eye in particular.

We're very lucky, as we also travel to Florida (Disney) once a year for 2 weeks (we just got back from that trip).

We still have some time to search and think about it, but before you know it March will be here!