Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Traveling with Kids > Kids 3-9

Forgot Your Password?

Kids 3-9 Got a 3 to 9-year old? Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families. Traveling with Kids Ages 3 - 6 and Traveling with Kids Ages 7 - 9

Old 05-08-2012, 06:04 PM

Smile A trick I use for the kids when we're in the hotel

By the time we are the done with all the activities for the day and get back to the hotel; my husband and I are always ready to go straight to bed but the kids can still go longer. My kids are between 13 and 7 years old. It's hard to please them all. So my husband got an idea to get them entertain them while we recover from the damage. My husband has a small projector he uses for work. We never leave without it! We download movies onto our laptop before living home. At the hotel we hook up our projector to the laptop and let the kids watch movies in a big screen and have some snacks. It's a great way to get them to unwind and start relaxing from all the excitement of the day. This is the projector my husband has http://www.amazon.com/AAXA-KP500-01-...3568469&sr=8-3 hope this helps

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

How cool is that! Wow, thanks for sharing. Would be great for backyard movie nights as well.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Family Adventurer

Wow, great idea! And how about the noise from the projector or laptop? Projectors usually tend to have a VERY noisy cooling fan.

And do you have some extra speakers for the laptop (built-in speakers aren't always loud enough or they tend to distort the sound so even the language isn't understandable) or do you have earphones for your kids?

Old 10-16-2012, 04:57 AM
Family Adventurer

Kids like to watch movie to entertain them, your husband really found a good is idea to entertain to kids.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:49 AM

It is really interesting . Thanks for sharing your idea with us.