Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Mexico

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Mexico Mexico family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in Mexico. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Mexico Family Travel Deals
Mexico Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 07-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Family Adventurer

Default Villa Del Palmar (Cabo San Lucas)

We're staying at Villa Del Palmar in August. 2 Families... ours (3 year old boy and 12 year old girl), and our dear friends (10 year old girl). We've heard that it's very family friendly, etc. etc. But I'd like to hear other's opinions.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Family Adventurer

templed - Haven't stayed there, but have been to Cabo and it is absolutely beautiful! You will love it and have a great time!

Sue

Old 07-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Anyone know how the fishing is there? Any idea of charter boat costs to expect?
I love traveling. I've been to Dinsey at all different times of the year with Christmas being my favorite. I've been to six continents and hope to very soon visit Antarctica. Australia and Fiji are among my all time favorite foreign destinations.

Probably the most notable trip was October 2002, when we were at Bali the night of the first bombing there. *** You will find me on Cruise Critic as well with the same user name. Happy Travels to all!!!

Watch a quick look at my Christmas Light Displayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS34hUQrpM

Past Trips (Most recent first):
Aug09 WDW Week; June-July09 RCCL AK Cruise, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Disney Land and Four Corners region; Apr09 RCCL Voyager of the Seas; Feb09 RCCL Mariner of the Seas; Dec08-Jan09 Voyager of the Seas; Oct98 Fiji's Matangi Resort; May-June85 UK & France vacation; many others before these.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Family Adventurer

http://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Sportfishing.htm

Old 06-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Charter Member

Default Villa Del Palmar & Sportfishing in Cabo

TEMPLED & Rancher Dave:

I am a new member to this site, but did recently submit a review on my stay in Cabo at Villa Del Arco (newer sister resort to Villa Del Palmar, located in same complex) and commented on my experience sportfishing while I was there.
It was called "viva villa del arco, here is the link:
http://www.familyvacationcritic.com/...iew.php?id=564

A couple of comments I would make to TEMPLED are that Villa Del Arco & Del Palmar are located in the same complex, and if you are staying at one, you can use the pools, charge services, meals, booze etc...and take in the entertainment/evening shows at either resort. We spent a fair bit of time over at Villa Del Palmar as the pools over there were oriented more towards children, tried the restaurants, and I recall that almost all of the evening entertainment was over at Villa Del Palmar. The complex has a little trolley bus that runs back and forth between the two, which is less than a 5 minute walk, but we did take the trolley a bit just because of the heat, and my daughter thought it was fun. My family found Cabo to be very safe, as we walked into town (15-20 min) or took a bus daily with our 1 yrs old at the time, carrying her in a Baby Bjorn Carrier with no problems whatsoever.

To Rancher Dave, I wont repeat my comments on my post/review, but I would advise to not book ahead of time unless you are familiar with a charter company as there are a lot to choose from, but go down to the Marina and speak to people and check them out. The fishing is awesome there, Cabo is the "Marlin Capital of the world". As far as pricing goes, just google "cabo sport fishing charters", and many of the companies will post their rates and show pictures to give you an idea of costs, which depend on how big of boat, how many people, how long you go out, and if you want to go way off shore for Marlin.... I am from Victoria BC, Canada, and am an avid sports fisherman, mostly for salmon and halibut. In my opinion, if you go to Cabo, and dont go fishing, it would be like going to Paris and not seeing the Eiffel Tower, it is awesome!

Good luck and enjoy