Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Need Help Using the Boards?

Forgot Your Password?

Need Help Using the Boards? Need technical help? Ask here!

Old 07-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Default Befriending folks

In your profile you will see where you can link to others as friends. It is a nice way to connect to folks who you like to keep up with, because for instance you like the info they post etc...

Laura, perhaps you can find and post the whole deal that was up on CC and paset it in here for all to read as well. It was really well done but I didn't see it in my other window opened to CC.
I love traveling. I've been to Dinsey at all different times of the year with Christmas being my favorite. I've been to six continents and hope to very soon visit Antarctica. Australia and Fiji are among my all time favorite foreign destinations.

Probably the most notable trip was October 2002, when we were at Bali the night of the first bombing there. *** You will find me on Cruise Critic as well with the same user name. Happy Travels to all!!!

Watch a quick look at my Christmas Light Displayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS34hUQrpM

Past Trips (Most recent first):
Aug09 WDW Week; June-July09 RCCL AK Cruise, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Disney Land and Four Corners region; Apr09 RCCL Voyager of the Seas; Feb09 RCCL Mariner of the Seas; Dec08-Jan09 Voyager of the Seas; Oct98 Fiji's Matangi Resort; May-June85 UK & France vacation; many others before these.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Host & Charter Member

Question How to add Friends/Contacts

Dave,

HostColleen here, tend to work late sometimes when Laura is getting her MUCH needed rest!

I will have a go at listing the steps towards creating a Friends/Contacts Network here on FamilyVacationCritic.com!

1)Sign on and look for "User CP" on far left side of the GREEN menu strip across the top of the screen & click on UserCP

2)Now a left, vertical side, menu will appear and you should see "Networking" there; click on it

3)Next, look for "Contacts & Friends" click on it and a large box will appear on your screen.

NOW: Here is where you can "Add a Member to Your List" as you will see, and there will be two boxes you can click on:

one says: "Add Contact" the other says "Add Friend"

In either box you can type a FamilyVacationCritic.com member's screen name. Once you do so, click on the box that says, "Save Changes" and that is how you create YOUR NETWORK OF CONTACTS/FRIENDS on our website!!

Below, I put a link to what appears after performing the above clicks after I did it on my screen name, just so you know what you should see when you get to the right place. But if you follow steps 1,2 & 3, you should be at your Friend Center in a snap and creating your own Friend Network!!

HAPPY NETWORKING!!!!

http://www.familyvacationcritic.com/...p?do=buddylist

Last edited by HostColleen; 07-20-2009 at 01:31 AM.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostColleen View Post
Dave,

HostColleen here, tend to work late sometimes when Laura is getting her MUCH needed rest!

I will have a go at listing the steps towards creating a Friends/Contacts Network here on FamilyVacationCritic.com!

1)Sign on and look for "User CP" on far left side of the GREEN menu strip across the top of the screen & click on UserCP

2)Now a left, vertical side, menu will appear and you should see "Networking" there; click on it

3)Next, look for "Contacts & Friends" click on it and a large box will appear on your screen.

NOW: Here is where you can "Add a Member to Your List" as you will see, and there will be two boxes you can click on:

one says: "Add Contact" the other says "Add Friend"

In either box you can type a FamilyVacationCritic.com member's screen name. Once you do so, click on the box that says, "Save Changes" and that is how you create YOUR NETWORK OF CONTACTS/FRIENDS on our website!!

Below, I put a link to what appears after performing the above clicks after I did it on my screen name, just so you know what you should see when you get to the right place. But if you follow steps 1,2 & 3, you should be at your Friend Center in a snap and creating your own Friend Network!!

HAPPY NETWORKING!!!!

http://www.familyvacationcritic.com/...p?do=buddylist
Thanks for giving the blow by blow for everyone. Those of us off CC probably are in good shape on it, which is why I gravitated to that aspect pretty quickly and wanted to be sure everyone understood how it works.
I love traveling. I've been to Dinsey at all different times of the year with Christmas being my favorite. I've been to six continents and hope to very soon visit Antarctica. Australia and Fiji are among my all time favorite foreign destinations.

Probably the most notable trip was October 2002, when we were at Bali the night of the first bombing there. *** You will find me on Cruise Critic as well with the same user name. Happy Travels to all!!!

Watch a quick look at my Christmas Light Displayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS34hUQrpM

Aug09 WDW Week; June-July09 RCCL AK Cruise, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Disney Land and Four Corners region; Apr09 RCCL Voyager of the Seas; Feb09 RCCL Mariner of the Seas; Dec08-Jan09 Voyager of the Seas; Oct98 Fiji's Matangi Resort; May-June85 UK & France vacation; many others before these.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:11 AM
Host & Charter Member

That's what I'm here for Dave - just doing my job! You asked for something and I'm here to help. I know you asked Laura but she's usually doing about 10,000 things at once on any given day and so I try to jump in when I can; that's kinda why she has me here!

I actually ASKED to be here as I was really excited about our new *baby* and wanted to be a part of it and having been a part of www.independenttraveler.com for the last 14 years, Laura was willing to let me come on over here. I got LUCKY!!! I'm lovin' it

I'm really happy to be here and looking forward to helping everyone and hopefully seeing our new site grow into something GREAT!

Old 07-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

I never heard of independent traveler web site...may check that one out, but likely since I travel with family mostly at this point, will be here and on CC.

Definitely a lot to do to get this site up and running with the same volume of hits as CC has.

I think RCCL and some of the others would love to see more here about family cruising since that tends to be a target audience of a few lines, RCCL, CCL, etc... Always good to have more than one place where folks learn how fun cruising can be for a family. After working offshore I never thought I would pay to go on a ship, but then in 20 years ships have changed and what I saw back then sailing into Bermuda is so different than any cruise ship in mainstream use today. Now I find cruising one of my favorite vacations...and as I cruise more I find I relax more than stress about chair hogs and what land tour to take...

Old 07-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Host & Charter Member

Thumbs up

Well, we like having you here, at CC.com but www.IndependentTraveler.com works for everyone too; our "mantra" is just that we are "do it yourselfer" travelers. In other words, we like to research, plan, and talk about our own trips! We have travelers of all types and there's lots of great travel information that we have there to help assist travelers in their quest to remain "independent" and pass along their tips to others, find info on our boards, in our Resource Center, read our collection of Trip Reports & much, much more.

We're all sister sites; we all have great travel communities and there's something on each site for everyone! Enjoy them all!!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostColleen View Post
Well, we like having you here, at CC.com but www.IndependentTraveler.com works for everyone too; our "mantra" is just that we are "do it yourselfer" travelers. In other words, we like to research, plan, and talk about our own trips! We have travelers of all types and there's lots of great travel information that we have there to help assist travelers in their quest to remain "independent" and pass along their tips to others, find info on our boards, in our Resource Center, read our collection of Trip Reports & much, much more.

We're all sister sites; we all have great travel communities and there's something on each site for everyone! Enjoy them all!!
I may get over there soon to check it out...as of this morning trying to salvage WDW trip in August. (It would probably be so much easier to just go hang out at the beach house in SPI.)