Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Theme Park Vacations > Walt Disney World

Forgot Your Password?

Walt Disney World Discuss Disney World resorts and activities. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Disney Family Vacation Deals
Disney Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 07-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Family Trekker

Default Do you relax and enjoy Disney or......

We usually drive from NY and once we park our van it doesn't move. Traditionally we spend our first day just hanging around the resort. Relaxing, swimming, etc. then it's off to dinner at Chef Mickey's.

We pick our Theme Park for the day based on which is staying open late. We don't do the early morning opening anymore. My family was physically the last people (me being the last) to step out of Magic Kingdom on our last visit, the cast workers made a big deal about it. It was pretty cool.

I remember the first time my kids said they didn't want to go anywhere one time . I was really upset and after a day of sulking I realized they had a good idea. Time to slow down. So now we just take our time and enjoy. We have done the hoppers but enjoy spending a day at one park.

How about you?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Community Manager

Years ago we'd go for much longer visits. Nowadays, maybe we can squeeze in a 4 day trip.

After visiting so many times, we definite take our time, but try to make all major parks during our visit. We pick what we REALLY want to do, and if we don't get to do it all...oh well!

Laura

Old 07-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

We may have to check out what it is like to be last out. So far never been first in, but close, within the first 100.

No we hardly relax at WDW...always on the go, which is why I wonder if DW woudl heal her foot more if we went to the Caribbean and sat on the beach drinking the included booze... As long as email works on her black berry and internet works on my phone I am a happy camper. Business owners seldom really get a day off.
I love traveling. I've been to Dinsey at all different times of the year with Christmas being my favorite. I've been to six continents and hope to very soon visit Antarctica. Australia and Fiji are among my all time favorite foreign destinations.

Probably the most notable trip was October 2002, when we were at Bali the night of the first bombing there. *** You will find me on Cruise Critic as well with the same user name. Happy Travels to all!!!

Watch a quick look at my Christmas Light Displayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS34hUQrpM

Past Trips (Most recent first):
Aug09 WDW Week; June-July09 RCCL AK Cruise, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Disney Land and Four Corners region; Apr09 RCCL Voyager of the Seas; Feb09 RCCL Mariner of the Seas; Dec08-Jan09 Voyager of the Seas; Oct98 Fiji's Matangi Resort; May-June85 UK & France vacation; many others before these.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

We are usually on the go the entire trip. We cram it into 3 or 4 days. We usually fly in day one and fly home day 4. This last trip was just DD and I. One day we actually hit 3 of the parks!! We were tired but it was our last day. We only had 3 days in the park on that trip. Day 4 we took it easy and hit Disney Quest.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Family Adventurer

Default Well...

We've only been to DL and DW once each but both times it was non-stop! Up to the park early, stay til they close, back to hotel/condo for sleep then wake up and do it all over the next day!

It was exhausting!!! When we got home we needed a vacation from the vacation.

Now we've learned to take things slower and relax. We don't need to be doing everything every day and we have been having much more enjoyable vacations because of this.

Our next trip to Disney will be less hectic, but more fun, than our previous trips.

Cindra

Old 07-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTripFanatic View Post
We are usually on the go the entire trip. We cram it into 3 or 4 days. We usually fly in day one and fly home day 4. This last trip was just DD and I. One day we actually hit 3 of the parks!! We were tired but it was our last day. We only had 3 days in the park on that trip. Day 4 we took it easy and hit Disney Quest.
One day, it was the last full day in the parks at the end of a two week visit to WDW, we hit all four parks, started with Magical hours in one park for a couple rides, changed parks (we were in my car) a few rides at MK, then off to I think MGM (think we started in AK) and finished with a visit and dinner at Epcot. What a full day that was...it was all about going on favorite rides. Worked relatively well with the Fast Pass program.
I love traveling. I've been to Dinsey at all different times of the year with Christmas being my favorite. I've been to six continents and hope to very soon visit Antarctica. Australia and Fiji are among my all time favorite foreign destinations.

Probably the most notable trip was October 2002, when we were at Bali the night of the first bombing there. *** You will find me on Cruise Critic as well with the same user name. Happy Travels to all!!!

Watch a quick look at my Christmas Light Displayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS34hUQrpM

Past Trips (Most recent first):
Aug09 WDW Week; June-July09 RCCL AK Cruise, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Disney Land and Four Corners region; Apr09 RCCL Voyager of the Seas; Feb09 RCCL Mariner of the Seas; Dec08-Jan09 Voyager of the Seas; Oct98 Fiji's Matangi Resort; May-June85 UK & France vacation; many others before these.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:30 AM
Family Trekker

It was exhausting!!! When we got home we needed a vacation from the vacation.

Sooooo true! Been there

We may have to check out what it is like to be last out. So far never been first in, but close, within the first 100.

Do try sometime! .

On one of our trips we did a quick 4 day stop, had leftover passes with 1 day park hopper/2 pluses (waterpark). Everyone picked a attraction they wanted to do in each park, we did 4 in each park on 1 day then spent 1 day at Blizzard Beach. Still have a waterpark left . Spent the rest of the time relaxing and swimming. I would like to sometime just go from resort to resort checking them out. Always say I'm gonna, but haven't done it yet.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Charter Member

We have been to Disney many times. We usually go pretty hard at rope drop for the first three days and then the rest of the trip is much more relaxing. We always take a midday break at the pool.

The thing about Disney is no matter how early you get up or how late you stay, you can't see it all. You are gonna have to go back!

Old 07-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Family Trekker

We are card carrying, proud members of the lazy butt touring group lol! We sleep in, get to the parks whenever, do evening hours, and take pool breaks/days! We take off our watches when we arrive and except for any dining we have to be at for a certain time, we go at our own pace!

We usually end up doing everything we want and come home relatively relaxed. 50 weeks a year we hurry...on vacation, we move very slowly!

We have learned to not travel with our commando friends lol...they just don't get our touring style

wendy

Old 07-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Family Adventurer

i still commando, sort of...

early bird EMH, back to resort for afternoon swim/rest, then back out for dinner, park time, DTD, etc.

we enjoy Universal (onsite, for the FOTL perc) and cruising too & have been known to work all three in on an 8 night trip

best of all worlds for our family, everybody gets to do what they want in 1 trip.