Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > New England

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

New England New England family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in New England. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
New England Family Travel Deals
New England Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 07-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Charter Member

Default vacation with camps for kids (2 & 4 y/o) - Please HELP

Hi -
We were hoping to go to Tyler Place in VT but they are booked in August, when we are looking to be away. We are looking for something similar, in that we want have childcare (that is great), that accommodates our youngest (2.5 year old and yet, is a great place to stay.

We'd prefer not to have to fly anywhere (we're in NYC) but will if we get some great reccos somewhere accessible.

Everyone who has ever been to Tyler Place loves it - it sounds perfect (everything we are looking for) can it be the only place of its kind?

If anyone has been to anywhere that they have gone recently with their small children and have enjoyed it, I'd love to hear about it!

Thank you so much!
NYC Mama of Two -itching for a vacation!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

I just called Tyler Place myself and was told they are booked until September. Other places you should check out are Rocking Horse Ranch (Highland, NY) and Mohonk Mountain House (New Paltz, NY) - stayed here last year with kids age 2, 3 & 5 and was blown away! Both have availability in August. Good luck!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Charter Member

Default Thank you

I will check them both out -thanks so much!

Old 09-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Charter Member

Default Interested in other ideas you find out about

We just came back from Tyler Place, first time, and it is indeed great (got the last lodging in our price range when called in February!!). Our ONLY hesitance in going back next year is that guests told us the day trips(eg hiking, canoeing, cycling) for adults and the nighttime entertainment is exactly the same trips and exactly the same entertainment each summer... and we would enjoy variety. If you hear of other options besides the two NYC ones suggested to you above (which I will research), would love if you would post them here, too, thanks!