Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Family Vacation Planning, Tips & Ideas > Interests & Activities > Family Cruising

Forgot Your Password?

Family Cruising Cruise Critic's Family Cruising Forum
Family Cruise Reviews from our sister site, CruiseCritic.com
More Family Cruise Resources from CruiseCritic.com

Old 07-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Default All Things Royal Caribbean Cruise Line

Here is a great place to chat about RCCL. With over 20 ships entertaining families there is plenty about which to chat. Ideally we keep it family oriented. Those who want to share booze smuggling stories and tips should check the appropriate threads on CruiseCritic.com as there are plenty on those subjects.

Here is a great place to ask about specific ships and cruise destinations served by RCCL.

Personally I have been on all 5 Voyager Class ships. I really like that class of ships because they offer the ice skating rinks and other things good for kids.

Adventure Ocean is a great oasis of fun for the kids. Speaking of Oasis, we will have to see what Chris can share when he gets out of Summer Camp and cranks up some posts here. He is one of the folks I know who watch closely for everything Oasis.

Post your questions and answers here for all to see. The interaction on this thread should really be great.
I love traveling. I've been to Dinsey at all different times of the year with Christmas being my favorite. I've been to six continents and hope to very soon visit Antarctica. Australia and Fiji are among my all time favorite foreign destinations.

Probably the most notable trip was October 2002, when we were at Bali the night of the first bombing there. *** You will find me on Cruise Critic as well with the same user name. Happy Travels to all!!!

Watch a quick look at my Christmas Light Displayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS34hUQrpM

Past Trips (Most recent first):
Aug09 WDW Week; June-July09 RCCL AK Cruise, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Disney Land and Four Corners region; Apr09 RCCL Voyager of the Seas; Feb09 RCCL Mariner of the Seas; Dec08-Jan09 Voyager of the Seas; Oct98 Fiji's Matangi Resort; May-June85 UK & France vacation; many others before these.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Family Adventurer
Charter Member

Default Just booked Oasis for January!

I was 'just checking' and found myself booking the last family stateroom with balcony (sleeps six) on the Oasis of the Seas for a 7-night cruise in January 2010.

My kids are so excited about the amenities onboard--the flowriders and the zip lines--and I'm so excited about the whole entire ship!

Even better for us...Virgin America will have a nonstop route from San Francisco to Ft. Lauderdale then, so we don't have to take any connecting flights!

Old 10-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Family Trekker

We like the Freedom class and are about to try our first Voyager class (Explorer in June)

I know we won't miss the Flowrider because my kids are too young for that. But I am wondering if they will miss the H20 zone?

This will also be the first time we are going from balcony suites to inside PR cabins. We are going to test the theory that 2 cabins are better than one.

For all RCCL kid menus and Adventure Ocean schedules - click here for our collection from the CC Family Board...
http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/b...ass/?start=all

Old 10-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Family Adventurer
Charter Member

I've done Majesty-Enchantment-Adventure and soon Serenade.

My teens are older now so we opted for the Serenade as they want to try the pool tables!!

They loved them all and may miss ice skating but I'm thinking the draw of the pool table may help but time will tell.
As long as they have a basketball court and an arcade-they are usually set. Enchantment did not have a bb court so that was the only complaint as we sailed her right after the stretch.

One activity my teens loved was the scavenger hunt. We have 2 RCCL winning [and really nice] canvas bags as the reminder!! Oh-and lets not forget the 'free' time at the arcade!!!

Old 10-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Think we are going to check out Enchantment for Spring Break...check out what it is like to do a Spanish Emersion Cruise....glad I have some training videos to brush up on my Espanol.

Port intensive to Columbia and the ABC Islands. We would also catch a day in Panama before the cruise to go see the canal...

Hopefully DD is not disapointed at a smaller ship in the warm weather. She loves Voyager Class. She loved Serenade as well but that was for my birthday in AK at the end of June where it was still cool.

Always something new to try.

Tossing around GS or OS...seems all OS are still unsold and at least 5 of the 10 GS are available...RS does not show available online...maybe it is if I call tomorrow.
I love traveling. I've been to Dinsey at all different times of the year with Christmas being my favorite. I've been to six continents and hope to very soon visit Antarctica. Australia and Fiji are among my all time favorite foreign destinations.

Probably the most notable trip was October 2002, when we were at Bali the night of the first bombing there. *** You will find me on Cruise Critic as well with the same user name. Happy Travels to all!!!

Watch a quick look at my Christmas Light Displayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS34hUQrpM

Aug09 WDW Week; June-July09 RCCL AK Cruise, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Disney Land and Four Corners region; Apr09 RCCL Voyager of the Seas; Feb09 RCCL Mariner of the Seas; Dec08-Jan09 Voyager of the Seas; Oct98 Fiji's Matangi Resort; May-June85 UK & France vacation; many others before these.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinmama06 View Post
We like the Freedom class and are about to try our first Voyager class (Explorer in June)

I know we won't miss the Flowrider because my kids are too young for that. But I am wondering if they will miss the H20 zone?

This will also be the first time we are going from balcony suites to inside PR cabins. We are going to test the theory that 2 cabins are better than one.

For all RCCL kid menus and Adventure Ocean schedules - click here for our collection from the CC Family Board...
http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/b...ass/?start=all
We've done both suites and two cabins and as much as it was nice having two cabins, I really missed the space of a suite. My new ideal combination if we can't get a family cabin is a suite with an adjoining regular balcony cabin. We get the privacy, but there's plenty of room to gather as a family. I wish the cruise lines would make it impossible for people to book half of a connecting cabin. It's so frustrating when you're trying to book two connecting cabins and there's a lot of "halves" available.

Have a great cruise!

Caitlin's Mom

Old 11-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Family Trekker

Royal is my cruise line of choice; I love the Freedom class ships best (but of course will "make do" with the Voyager Class). lol

Caitlin's Mom, one of the reasons RCI's "connecting cabins" book quickly is because they are the least expensive of their category!

CruisinMom, I've sailed on Explorer a half dozen times, she feels like "home" sometimes! One of the special things about her is the Oceanic Tour they have on board....they conduct special oceanographic experiments and there is a tour of the facility!

LilMama

Old 11-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMama View Post
Royal is my cruise line of choice; I love the Freedom class ships best (but of course will "make do" with the Voyager Class). lol

Caitlin's Mom, one of the reasons RCI's "connecting cabins" book quickly is because they are the least expensive of their category!

CruisinMom, I've sailed on Explorer a half dozen times, she feels like "home" sometimes! One of the special things about her is the Oceanic Tour they have on board....they conduct special oceanographic experiments and there is a tour of the facility!

LilMama
Wow, you can only make due with Voyager Class... Haven't been on Freedom class yet...hope to sometime in 2010....know I love Voyager class big enough to be really stable ride, enough to do...could be that the two sizes bigger (counting Oasis now) may be too many folks for me.

Spring Break we are looking to do Enchantment to South America...a bit on the small side but a great place to practice our Spanish...

Old 11-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMama View Post

LilMama
Didn't know that LilMama! Well that explains it. Still very annoying to families who want to book both sides of connecting cabins. I still think the cruise lines should only allow booking of these if you take both together, at least until you're fairly close to the sailing date.

Rancher -- are you taking the kids to South America? Would love to hear about your trip after you get back!

Caitlin's Mom

Old 11-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Family Trekker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Dave View Post
Wow, you can only make due with Voyager Class... Haven't been on Freedom class yet...hope to sometime in 2010....know I love Voyager class big enough to be really stable ride, enough to do...could be that the two sizes bigger (counting Oasis now) may be too many folks for me.

Spring Break we are looking to do Enchantment to South America...a bit on the small side but a great place to practice our Spanish...
Hey dave I'm going to take my chances w/ oasis but only because rci does such a great job at dispersing pax throughout the ship. loved the freedom class because of flowrider/h20 zone for kids!