Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Theme Park Vacations > Walt Disney World

Forgot Your Password?

Walt Disney World Discuss Disney World resorts and activities. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Disney Family Vacation Deals
Disney Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 07-27-2009, 12:20 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Default Disney Water Parks

Which is your favorite? Blizard Beach is quite nice...my first was the one over at Ft Wilderness and I can't recall the name. It was a great first water park to ever visit.

One reason I ask, I am considering half a day at one of the parks on our next trip...and last time I was in a water park there, was around 5 years ago, maybe more, so I am specifically interested in tidbits from fellow water park users about each of the parks. Do they still fill up where you can't get in when you want in the afternoon?
I love traveling. I've been to Dinsey at all different times of the year with Christmas being my favorite. I've been to six continents and hope to very soon visit Antarctica. Australia and Fiji are among my all time favorite foreign destinations.

Probably the most notable trip was October 2002, when we were at Bali the night of the first bombing there. *** You will find me on Cruise Critic as well with the same user name. Happy Travels to all!!!

Watch a quick look at my Christmas Light Displayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS34hUQrpM

Past Trips (Most recent first):
Aug09 WDW Week; June-July09 RCCL AK Cruise, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Disney Land and Four Corners region; Apr09 RCCL Voyager of the Seas; Feb09 RCCL Mariner of the Seas; Dec08-Jan09 Voyager of the Seas; Oct98 Fiji's Matangi Resort; May-June85 UK & France vacation; many others before these.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Family Trekker

It was River Country.

My favorite is Typoon Lagoon. Blizzard Beach was great but dang the water was cold. Think thawing snow . I asked them if it was for effect.

Getting in depends when you go. We go at Spring Break, always crowded and never took a chance to go later than noon.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:04 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonny View Post
It was River Country.

My favorite is Typoon Lagoon. Blizzard Beach was great but dang the water was cold. Think thawing snow . I asked them if it was for effect.

Getting in depends when you go. We go at Spring Break, always crowded and never took a chance to go later than noon.
I told DW if we wait to mid afternoon we probably will not get in. Looking at peak season in the Summer so I think it will be hit or miss. Probably can call over somehow and find out before we drive over there.

Yes, River Country. I am coming off a sugar high...too many home made Pralines after dinner...I made a batch for a family gathering last night.
I love traveling. I've been to Dinsey at all different times of the year with Christmas being my favorite. I've been to six continents and hope to very soon visit Antarctica. Australia and Fiji are among my all time favorite foreign destinations.

Probably the most notable trip was October 2002, when we were at Bali the night of the first bombing there. *** You will find me on Cruise Critic as well with the same user name. Happy Travels to all!!!

Watch a quick look at my Christmas Light Displayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS34hUQrpM

Aug09 WDW Week; June-July09 RCCL AK Cruise, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Disney Land and Four Corners region; Apr09 RCCL Voyager of the Seas; Feb09 RCCL Mariner of the Seas; Dec08-Jan09 Voyager of the Seas; Oct98 Fiji's Matangi Resort; May-June85 UK & France vacation; many others before these.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Family Adventurer

Not much of a water park person but I really liked Typhoon Lagoon. Haven't been there in many years though. In fact, I still have 2 water park passes from some where around 1997. lol

Old 07-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmg View Post
Not much of a water park person but I really liked Typhoon Lagoon. Haven't been there in many years though. In fact, I still have 2 water park passes from some where around 1997. lol
I still have available tickets from the 90s...plus I think we still have passes for the water parks left as well. Wild what WDW stuff I have in my safe.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Laurie

Default Water Parks

We've recently returned from Disney a couple of weeks ago and sad to say we didn't visit any waterparks this time around. We did, however, visit Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach years ago and my fav was Typhoon Lagoon.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:23 AM
Charter Member

Disney’s water theme parks are of a whole different variety.Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, one of 2 Water Parks in Walt Disney World Resort, features attractions for the whole family—from fast waterslides to a children's area with pint-sized raft rides.Slalom courses, bobsled and toboggan runs became downhill waterslides. The chair lift carried swimmers instead of skiers. The ski jump became the tallest, fastest water slide in the nation.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Charter Member

I really like Typhoon Lagoon because of the Lazy River and Wave Pool. Ahhhh I could have lived there!

*Upcoming Vacations*

April 17 2010- 1st cruise aboard Carnival Fascination sailing to the Bahamas

August 2010- 2 Weeks at Disney Staying at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Old 08-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Our goal is to go to one pf the water parks on pur next visit. We've just never gotten around to it.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Community Support

I have never been to any of the waterparks either. I have an upcoming trip in Nov. We are staying offsite at Bonnet Creek and I am so excited about their pools and lazy river that I may decide to skip the waterparks yet again. Are they different then normal waterparks ? Are they "disneyfied" like the other parks are? are we totally missing out by not going (again)