Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Theme Park Vacations > Walt Disney World

Forgot Your Password?

Walt Disney World Discuss Disney World resorts and activities. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Disney Family Vacation Deals
Disney Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 08-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Family Adventurer

Default Disney World Raises Ticket Prices

From the Orlando Sentinel-

Even as it tries to lure recession-saddled consumers with deep discounts on hotel rooms and food, Walt Disney World is raising the price of its theme-park admissions to new heights.

Beginning Sunday, Disney World will increase the base price of a one-day, one-park ticket to $79 -- up $4, or 5.3 percent. The price of a similar ticket for a child between the ages of 3 and 9 will climb $5, or 7.9 percent, to $68.

Prices for the resort's more popular multiday-ticket packages will also rise, climbing between 2.6 percent and 4.7 percent. In keeping with Disney World's strategy of driving guests toward extra days in its parks -- rather than those operated by rivals Universal Orlando or SeaWorld Orlando -- the smallest increases are reserved for tickets good for four or more days.

What's more, Disney will raise the price of adding a "Park Hopper" feature to any ticket -- which allows a customer to visit multiple Disney parks in one day -- to $52, up from $50. The price of adding a "Water Park Fun & More" feature, which allows admission to secondary venues such as water parks and DisneyQuest, will also rise to $52 from $50.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

The incremental cost of the last few days on a 10 day ticket are really inexpensive.

Disney can raise prices and give bigger discounts which is one way to help lure folks in...Folks just have to get to bottom line pricing when figuring up the cost of their vacation.
I love traveling. I've been to Dinsey at all different times of the year with Christmas being my favorite. I've been to six continents and hope to very soon visit Antarctica. Australia and Fiji are among my all time favorite foreign destinations.

Probably the most notable trip was October 2002, when we were at Bali the night of the first bombing there. *** You will find me on Cruise Critic as well with the same user name. Happy Travels to all!!!

Watch a quick look at my Christmas Light Displayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS34hUQrpM

Past Trips (Most recent first):
Aug09 WDW Week; June-July09 RCCL AK Cruise, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Disney Land and Four Corners region; Apr09 RCCL Voyager of the Seas; Feb09 RCCL Mariner of the Seas; Dec08-Jan09 Voyager of the Seas; Oct98 Fiji's Matangi Resort; May-June85 UK & France vacation; many others before these.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Host & Charter Member

Am I the only one who finds that these costs to be insane? I was at Disney, well it was a while ago and stayed at the Grand Floridian. I think the Multi Park/Multi Day Passes were the most expensive portion of the trip. It ticked me off then and it ticks me off now. A LOT of people want to go to WDW, basically every little girl who wants to be a princess and every boy who wants to be a pirate, or see the Animal Kingdom etc. And the grown ups too! How does, let's face it, what most of America is - middle class families, get up the dough to do this, plus buy the Mickey ears and related stuff, eat and everything else??

They say they know it's a recession and they are RAISING their prices?? I think this would be a GREAT time for them to say hey folks, we're here for you, you can still come and have fun, we'll knock off a few bucks here and there so life doesn't seem so crummy and you and your family can get away. I've been to Disney several times and I think this is really CRUMMY. Consider me, one of the seven, "GRUMPY"!!!

But then, I have one vivid memory from my last visit; I couldn't help noticing the prevalence of Rolexes on most Men's wrists while waiting in line for rides. Stopped counting how many, and well, maybe that explains why WDW figures folks will still come. The Rolex crew, and other's.......well I'm a Tax Consultant for High Net Worth Individuals so it's nothing to me; a watch or jewel does not a person make. It's just stuff, I've learned after a long time practicing in my area. Not everyone had one, but folks did, for the most part, seem to be "successful" let's call it. I don't know the "PC" term anymore. So it's like a snub - no dough, can't go.......::::::grumble::::: Maybe folks had a tight year, wanted some fun and relief and now Disney upped the ante?? Wassup?

Sorry for the rant; I just find Disney's move very inappropriate at this point in time. I can't recall, with their film business, television and theme park revenue all together, when they've ever operated at a loss, as a corporate entity. BOO

Last edited by HostColleen; 08-02-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostColleen View Post
I've been to Disney several times and I think this is really CRUMMY. Consider me, one of the seven, "GRUMPY"!!!

But then, I have one vivid memory from my last visit; I couldn't help noticing the prevalence of Rolexes on most Men's wrists while waiting in line for rides. Couldn't help but notice how many, and well, maybe that explains why WDW figures folks will still come.
Had to *LOL* at the first section of the quote...

I did notice those a lot of well dressed folks and many expensive pieces of jewelery (Rolex watches included) and will point out some were hard earned in completely different industries.

I do wonder though how the tickets were more expensive than GF Resort? You must have caught one heck of an awesome room rate deal...wish I could have caught that kind of deal. I will be happy that we got the deal we did so I can take DD's friend along for her to be super happy...and in the case the child will get her first WDW experience and first FL visit and first airplane trip since she was a baby.
I love traveling. I've been to Dinsey at all different times of the year with Christmas being my favorite. I've been to six continents and hope to very soon visit Antarctica. Australia and Fiji are among my all time favorite foreign destinations.

Probably the most notable trip was October 2002, when we were at Bali the night of the first bombing there. *** You will find me on Cruise Critic as well with the same user name. Happy Travels to all!!!

Watch a quick look at my Christmas Light Displayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS34hUQrpM

Past Trips (Most recent first):
Aug09 WDW Week; June-July09 RCCL AK Cruise, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Disney Land and Four Corners region; Apr09 RCCL Voyager of the Seas; Feb09 RCCL Mariner of the Seas; Dec08-Jan09 Voyager of the Seas; Oct98 Fiji's Matangi Resort; May-June85 UK & France vacation; many others before these.

Last edited by HostColleen; 08-06-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Family Adventurer

I'm told (by the Unofficial Guide) that Disney tends to raise their prices at the start of a new year. For me, we're heading to WDW in March, so we're definitely going to buy our tickets before Jan 2013.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Family Vacation Critic Host

I have heard that as well. Booking ahead of time usually ensures a good price.