Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Traveling with Kids > Tweens & Teens

Forgot Your Password?

Tweens & Teens Traveling with tweens or teens can be rough; get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families. Travel with Tweens and Teens

Old 10-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Charter Member

Default New Years Eve in Florida-what to do??

We will be travelling to Florida over Christmas, and would like to do something fun for the whole family for New Years. We are travelling with our daughter who is 15 and son who is 12. We would like to celebrate either in Tampa or Orlando-any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Family Trekker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauden View Post
We will be travelling to Florida over Christmas, and would like to do something fun for the whole family for New Years. We are travelling with our daughter who is 15 and son who is 12. We would like to celebrate either in Tampa or Orlando-any suggestions?
Disney! I would love to see the New Year's Fireworks!

Old 01-15-2010, 04:39 AM
Charter Member

Default Adventurous bali trip

I also love to travel. bali is enormous place coz of its wide vegetation and nature.. It's adventurous to go out their for vacation. When i m 21 i have also gone there with my four friends and its really very difficult for me to describe our fun there.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Charter Member

Default New Year's in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&JFamily View Post
Disney! I would love to see the New Year's Fireworks!
just to let you know, we ended up at Universal studios on New Year's Eve as we heard that there was going to be a great fireworks display. It was crazy busy, with long wait lines for everything. The fireworks were pretty disappointing, "much ado about nothing'!!. We did go to Wet n Wild during the day, however, which was lots of fun (the temperature was a bit cold though-even for a northerner like me!!)

Old 01-20-2010, 02:30 AM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauden View Post
just to let you know, we ended up at Universal studios on New Year's Eve as we heard that there was going to be a great fireworks display. It was crazy busy, with long wait lines for everything. The fireworks were pretty disappointing, "much ado about nothing'!!. We did go to Wet n Wild during the day, however, which was lots of fun (the temperature was a bit cold though-even for a northerner like me!!)
You found generally the absolutely busiest time of year for those parks. We did Christmas a few years back, at WDW...we went over for 7am opening time for the onsite guests. We were done sometime around noon, that was a long enough day due to the ever increasing lines...so then back to the room for Christmas celebration.
I love traveling. I've been to Dinsey at all different times of the year with Christmas being my favorite. I've been to six continents and hope to very soon visit Antarctica. Australia and Fiji are among my all time favorite foreign destinations.

Probably the most notable trip was October 2002, when we were at Bali the night of the first bombing there. *** You will find me on Cruise Critic as well with the same user name. Happy Travels to all!!!

Watch a quick look at my Christmas Light Displayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS34hUQrpM

Past Trips (Most recent first):
Aug09 WDW Week; June-July09 RCCL AK Cruise, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Disney Land and Four Corners region; Apr09 RCCL Voyager of the Seas; Feb09 RCCL Mariner of the Seas; Dec08-Jan09 Voyager of the Seas; Oct98 Fiji's Matangi Resort; May-June85 UK & France vacation; many others before these.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:05 AM
Charter Member

I would avoid the crowded places like Disney World over Christmas because it's not really fun for the kids when you have to queue for hours. I would rather visit other Florida attractions like the beautiful beaches or Cape Canaveral. The Sea World in Orlando is definitely worth a visit but there are probably also a lot of people there on the Christmas days. I celebrated Christmas on the beach once and it was one of the most beautiful evenings of my life.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Default Christmas in Florida Tips

Traveling in Florida during Christmas can be hectic, especially at the theme parks. Theme parks can be a lot of fun before Christmas, when the lights are up but people are still visiting family and not trying to rush to a vacation the day after Christmas. I would check out the parks you want in the City you want, and do a few days there and closer to New Years, go someplace different (I live in Southwest Florida and all night on New Year's Eve, the fireworks can be seen from Naples to Fort Myers - - but given that it is silly season for drivers on that night, I would stay put at a location).

I agree with Abigail that the beaches and smaller attractions are the way to go when the tourism is at its peak.