Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Family Vacation Planning, Tips & Ideas

Forgot Your Password?

Family Vacation Planning, Tips & Ideas Find, or share, unique tips and ideas to help with your family vacation. Tips exclusively for families, from families.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:06 AM

Default which place suitable for this summer

we plan to have a family tip this summer, could give us some suggestion. We are in los angeles, just want to enjoy nature landscape out of CA. thx in advance

Last edited by bluelans; 04-02-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Family Adventurer

We love Colorado in the summer. A lot of the ski resorts are much cheaper and the ski trails become hiking trails. We stayed in Vail and would take the gondola up to enjoy the view, let the kids play the various activities they have set up for summer including a dino dig sand area, bochi ball, bungee tramp (a trampoline where the kids are harnessed in with bungee cords so they can do flips and high bounces), etc. Then we would walk back down the mountain on the ski trail. There are also free outdoor concerts and lots of parks in Vail. The river is great for tubing or white water rafting. We visited a ranch with hay rides, bbq, campfire, etc. The best part for us was the mild weather. We're from the midwest and August is almost unbearable at home but was perfect in the mountains.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:32 AM
Family Vacation Critic Host

Thanks for sharing your great tips with all of us! Who would have thought a ski resort without snow could be so much fun. A lot of entertainment and the beauty of Colorado's scenery and temperatures all in one ideal location. I would love to take Amtrak through to Colorado with the family some time soon. So many travel wishes so little time (and cash flow for that matter).

Old 04-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Family Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Host Young Gang Mom View Post
Thanks for sharing your great tips with all of us! Who would have thought a ski resort without snow could be so much fun. A lot of entertainment and the beauty of Colorado's scenery and temperatures all in one ideal location. I would love to take Amtrak through to Colorado with the family some time soon. So many travel wishes so little time (and cash flow for that matter).
I've found that when I have the money to travel I don't have the time and when I have the time I don't have the money. Finding ways to make due with places closer to home helps.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Family Trekker

I second the vote for a ski area in the summer months. We *did* Aspen one summer -- it had everything you'd every want for all age groups -- plus really nice places to eat that didn't cost ridiculous amounts of money, because it was "off season".

LilMama

Old 04-20-2011, 06:29 PM

Default Guest Ranch

We have been visiting Three Bars Guest Ranch for the past 3 summers. I was not real excited about our first visit, did it for my wife and 2 daughters. But turned out to be the best summer vacation we have ever had. If you have never done a guest ranch you have got to give it a try. Best we have ever found!

Old 11-21-2011, 04:05 AM
Family Adventurer

My best friend had mentioned on a couple of occassions that guest ranches are indeed very nice. Very good alternative to conventional accomodations.