Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Family Vacation Planning, Tips & Ideas

Forgot Your Password?

Family Vacation Planning, Tips & Ideas Find, or share, unique tips and ideas to help with your family vacation. Tips exclusively for families, from families.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:15 AM
spacetagweb

Default Cross-Country Train Tour

Is there a neat cross-country train tour to take with kids (8 and 6 years old)? Trying to think of some neat vacation ideas to do with the kids other than the "Disney" trip or cruise which we've done.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Family Adventurer

I had an uncle who was afraid to fly, so we took the auto train when I was younger. That was kinda cool, but I'm not sure if it's still around.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Family Trekker

The auto-train to FL (from Virginia) is still around.

Also, you might want to try some of Amtrak's Midwestern routes. For example, from any northeast hub you can head to Chicago, and catch up with the Calif Zypher! Cool!

Old 11-18-2009, 11:53 AM
spacetagweb

Aaaaah ... what is Calif Zypher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMama View Post
The auto-train to FL (from Virginia) is still around.

Also, you might want to try some of Amtrak's Midwestern routes. For example, from any northeast hub you can head to Chicago, and catch up with the Calif Zypher! Cool!