Originally Posted by alise007
we will prob go in the late fall or NON hot months because pale white easy burning family members (3 out of 4)! Plus we don't do the heat. I prefer Thanksgiving time to be honest! but a nap won't be bad.
Whatever you do, do NOT go at Thanksgiving! That is the second most crowded time of the year, only preceeded by Christmas and New Years. A week or two earlier in Novemeber, or the week after Thanksgiving is great.
As for when to go, I would say ask yourselves the following?
1) Are we easy going people? Or are we going to feel the need to get the most bang for our buck?
2) Are my kids easy going? Or do they need a very structured routine and don't do well off of it?
My oldest was 4.5 when we took him to Disney on his first week long trip; he had been for day trips with his grandparents starting about 2.5 or 3. I am glad that I waited that long for several reasons:
1) no stops for diaper changes,
2) he was just as interested in seeing stuff as we were,
3) he could communicate his needs and feelings very easily, and
4) he had no problem getting up and going until after lunch, and with a 2 hour nap was ready to hit again around 4:40-8/9 p.m
Hope that helps.