Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Florida

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Florida Florida family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in Florida. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Florida Family Travel Deals
Florida Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 02-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Family Adventurer

My parents took my brother and I to Disney many times while we were young. I remember having the most fun when I was 10. I still remember everything and I could go on all the rides that I saw on TV. I canít remember anything from the times I went when I was younger.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

I was very anxious to take DD on her first trip to WDW and I managed to wait until she was 3 1/2. I wish I would have waited a little longer. I have no regrets about taking her but she had more fun when she was 4 1/2. She interacted more with the characters and enjoyed the rides.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

I think it would not be a mistake taking them to Disney World when they are younger but when they are about 6 or 7 years old i think it is perfect for them and for the parents too. At this age they can walk around the whole day, they can go on most of the rides and they can really enjoy the day which is pretty exhausting too sometimes ...

Old 05-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Charter Member

Default Best Disney age

My daughter was 3 and had a great time her first visit. Your 2 y/o will also enjoy! Most of the characters know not to get too close to a child until they are sure the child is not afraid of them (if this is an issue) just remember to bring plenty of water!!!, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Have fun and pace yourself. Most likely you will not get to everything with those 2 little one's. My uncle worked at Disney prior to it's opening until I was 20. I've been going to Disney since I was 6 weeks old. I am now 38 and love Disney,still !!!! No matter the age

Last edited by frostl; 05-04-2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: grammer

Old 04-27-2012, 09:44 AM

Default Ages 2 and 4 will have a great time

Your kids will have a lovely time. I am always amazed by what my 2 yr old remembers from holidays and your 4 yr old will remember even more. And, even if they don't remember the trip years from now, they will still have a wonderful time.

Last time I was at Disney World with my 2 yr old, he could go on pretty much anything with the exception of a few obvious rides like Space Mtn and Thunder Mtn. I found that in most cases, the rides he didn't go on, were by my choice (too bumpy or possibly scary) rather than any rule not allowing him. And rides aside, they will love meeting Disney characters and the simple magic of the place.

I definitely recommend either bringing a stroller or borrow one at the park - little legs will inevitably get tired, and they can have a nap if needed along the way.

Have a great time!

Old 01-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

My kids are 6, 6 and 9. We're heading there in 2 months and they are soooo pumped about it.

By the way, we pulled out their strollers and are taking them with us.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Family Adventurer
Charter Member

We took DD to Disneyland when she was ~20 months. We took DD and DS to Disney World for the first time when they were 4 and 18mo. We took DD, DS, and DD to Disney World a second time when they were 6, 3, and 1.

Having said all that, I can tell you that kids of almost every age have fun at Disney World. My oldest daughter does still remember things from the trip when she was 4, but a lot of that was spurred on by pictures of the trip and videos I had shown her after the trip and before the next trip. She doesn't recall the Disneyland trip at all. Our son, likewise, didn't recall the first Disneyworld trip. They were both able to soak in and remember the second trip though - our oldest, especially, since she was able to ride most of the rides (especially the roller coasters several times). The youngest, obviously, won't remember it.

So kids of any age have fun, but they'll more than likely to forget about the trip if they are 2 or younger. (Unless you are constantly bringing up pictures, stories, etc.)

Child swap is a great option to have and use - along with Fastpass. It allowed us to split up and ride everything just about anytime we wanted. Our oldest got to go on with us multiple times as well.