Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Mid-Atlantic US

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Mid-Atlantic US Mid-Atlantic family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in locations from upstate New York to Williamsburg.
Mid-Atlantic Family Travel Deals

Old 01-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Family Adventurer

Default Renting a House Down the NJ Shore

I'm thinking about renting a house down the shore this summer. Anyone know of any good websites to research rental properties? Any other tips and advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Here's a few for you:

shorevacations.com
flipkey.com
homeaway.com

Old 01-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Host & Charter Member

Exclamation

KerCar,

It also depends upon WHERE you want to rent because all of the localities have local papers in which people advertise rentals local to the neighborhood. Point in case, my Dad has a Jersey prop and advertises it in the local paper for the town it is in. He gets all his rentals from that paper. BUT he is selling the property and I would NOT be offering it up here on the boards in any event. It's just an example.

So let's just pick a town - my old times town of Seaside Heights.....we went there when I was a kid. I'd check the Seaside Gazette or whatever it might be called, to look for the best rentals. Save money on R/E brokers fees too. Cause I think my Dad had his place listed with a broker too (maybe he paid that fee, I don't know, probably) so he preferred to use the papers, most renters would prefer to do the same. So any place on the Shore, Long Beach Island, Wildwood, Cape May, Avalon every little town along the Shore that is hot to visit on the Shore, probably has a local town paper. Google it and look it up online. Check out their vacation rentals section and see what you can find in there. My Dad, in all the time he rented, never had a problem by going through his town's local paper in finding renters for his condo property. But again, that is over. But the paper worked well, he was always booked and found GREAT tenants.

So try googling local town papers for the town you are interested in and see what kind of rentals they have available and see what kind of deals you can make with the owners; he did all the deals himself. Saved a lot of headaches, and dealing with the broker etc. The local paper worked best. There are tons of rentals listed in the local town paper. I just *know* it worked so that's why I'm suggesting it to you for your trip.

Good luck, LOOK NOW as the best seasonal properties fill up early........don't wait. Get on it now. Don't wait!!