Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > Destinations > Canada

Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Canada Canada family travel forum: Discuss family friendly resorts and hotels in Canada. Get vacation tips exclusively for families, from families.
Canada Family Travel Deals
Canada Family Resorts and Hotels

Old 03-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Family Adventurer

Default Canada or Mexico?

If you were to choose between going to vacation to Canada or Mexico, which one would you choose and why?
I haven't been to either countries so for those who have been to both, your suggestions will be very much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Family Trekker

Quote:
Originally Posted by psellc View Post
If you were to choose between going to vacation to Canada or Mexico, which one would you choose and why?
I haven't been to either countries so for those who have been to both, your suggestions will be very much appreciated

well for me it would depend upon where you live...and where else you have already been in the world. what kind of vacations do you usually take or prefer?

I love love love Canada but this is coming from someone who takes VERY active vacations. We fill our days with museums, tours, boat rides, exploring old buildings, animal parks, kid parks/playgrounds etc...

If you want to lie around in the sun and relax and sip adult beverages then I would head to Mexico. Not that you can't see cultural things there as well or visit the Aztec Ruins near Cancun but really depends on what kind of things you like to do.

We like to avoid the heat/hot sun. I loved our time in Vancouver. We took a day trip to Victoria with a small tour group. Stopped at Butchart Gardens, rode the ferry over and enjoyed the bald eagles and seals etc...wandered around Victoria (would have loved to have had High Tea at the Empress).

Walked around Stanley Park--rented bikes for a trip as well! Did a generic bus tour to see the highlights and determine what places we really wanted to see.

Quebec City and Montreal were also wonderful. We just enjoyed wandering around La Petit Champlain and the walled portions of the city, touring Frontenac...Montreal --Biodome, old Basilica, and I can't remember what else right now! We spent 10 days between the 2 cities (took the train btw them) and had a great trip with our 1 yr.

We took both our kids to Ottawa this past summer (ages 1 and 3) and spent 6 days and still didn't see everything!

Old 03-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Family Trekker

oh and don't forget Niagara Falls/Toronto! Long list of activities there as well! I am still dreaming of a trip to Chateau Lake Louise--maybe we will win the lottery tomorrow! come on Powerball!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Family Trekker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrasicdan View Post
It is probably better that you travel to Canada then to Mexico these days. They are having a lot of crime down there, and Canada is always a safe place to go on a vacation.
It does seem to be getting scary! I hate that they can't get those drug cartels under control. It is a beautiful country with so much to offer but you can't trust your safety!

Old 03-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Being from Canada, I probaly take it for granted. I would go to MEXICO in a heartbeat. The beaches, the sun, sand, and culture.

Don't get me wrong, I am a very patriotic Canadian. I just think that most places in Canada aren't much different from the US. Vancouver, for example, is similar to Seattle. Calgary like Denver. Toronoto, well, it's pretty much like any large city. The exception perhaps, is Quebec City.

I have travelled with my family to Mexico a couple of times. Both trips were winter get-aways and we stayed on the beach. The kids LOVED it, so did the parents.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:45 AM
Family Adventurer
Charter Member

I think that Canada is better choice because Canada has more beautiful sight-seeing places and safer for travelers

Old 03-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Charter Member

Default Québc, Canada

Definitaly Québec, Canada, for both a taste of Europe, magnificent vistas and wonderful outdoors activities. I live here and have been to Mexico, I enjoyed it, but for family vacation, I would advise to come and visit us. Oh, and everybody manages english, don't worry about that...

Old 03-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Family Trekker

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg14 View Post
Definitaly Québec, Canada, for both a taste of Europe, magnificent vistas and wonderful outdoors activities. I live here and have been to Mexico, I enjoyed it, but for family vacation, I would advise to come and visit us. Oh, and everybody manages english, don't worry about that...
Loved our time in Quebec! I found that if I tried to be courteous and say Bon Jour then the person would think I spoke French and start speaking French...then I would I would have to say SORRY, I don't speak French. So I was trying to be nice and not rude but it always seemed to backfire on me!

Old 03-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alise007 View Post
Loved our time in Quebec! I found that if I tried to be courteous and say Bon Jour then the person would think I spoke French and start speaking French...then I would I would have to say SORRY, I don't speak French. So I was trying to be nice and not rude but it always seemed to backfire on me!
I would say that's pretty accurate. When I suggested Quebec, it was primarily because that's really the only place in Canada that is unique and distinct from the US. Lots of beautiful places up here, but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:05 AM
Essay Writers

Default Essay Writers

Well exactly Canada is much safer than Mexico now a days. And me too will recommend you to go Canada cause there is so much nice and interesting places. And the special thing for Canada is i live in that city
Essayprovider.com