Go Back   Family Vacation Critic Forums > "The Playground"

Forgot Your Password?

"The Playground" A place to kick your shoes off and just get to know one another!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:08 AM
Family Trekker

Default Spring Break?

Easter is almost here and most of us with kids will be out for Spring Break.

What do you do with them for the week? Do you take a trip?

Our daycare is only closed on Good Friday (which is also my DD's 2nd Bday!!!!)

We are taking Mon/Tues off work and going to Pittsburgh for the long weekend. My hubby is attending Opening Day at the Pirates with some relatives. Syd and I will visit friends and do some shopping! I can't wait!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Family Trekker

In Australia we only have the Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday off.

We are going to our farm in the Southern Flinders Ranges region of South Australia, where we can relax and spend some quality time with our kids.

On easter Sunday there is the Easter Bilby (Aussie native animal) Easter Egg hunt, which my DS & DD love. They lay easter eggs out on a walking trail through the forrest and only a few families go through at a time and the kids collect eggs.

We can't wait for the 4 day weekend. With any luck the weather will have started to cool down a bit!!

Old 03-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieFamily View Post
With any luck the weather will have started to cool down a bit!!
Here in the Midwest US were are hoping for the opposite, a warm up please, please, please!

Nothing for us during spring break...were saving for our Alaskan cruise this July.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Family Trekker
Charter Member

It depends on the year. Sometimes we travel and others we just stay home. We took our big trip in February instead of Spring Break. Yes, we did ask the teacher before we booked. The school said it was "educational" so they said it was ok. We took an 11 day cruise in the Med. (Greece, Cyprus, Egypt and Israel.) We just relaxed our Spring Break away this year. We took a few days to visit family in the state next door. That was it. DH stayed home and worked while DD and I played.